Lucid TV Commercial....

MPawelek

Cars
None
Viewed my first Lucid Air TV commercial here last night in the Houston, Texas area. No show room yet so will have to wait.....

They ran it, ironically, during SNL and Musk’s appearance. Smart, very smart. :)

The most effective shot over the bow would be to deliver a car that independent journalists can test to verify Lucid's various claims. I trust Lucid's claims for the most part but, especially after the squirrelly timing of their delay announcement on the heels of the CCIV merger confirmation, I'm beginning to think they would be better off keeping their heads low until they have an official EPA rating, have verified crash data, and are actually ready to start deliveries.

I am wondering whether the computer chip shortage is going to make a big difference in delivery times. I saw an article yesterday with pictures of a lot where a Ford motor company has 35,000 pick up trucks sitting unfinished because they do not have enough computer chips and they say their second quarter of this year production will be down 50% due to this.
I doubt lucid or any other company has an inroad to computer chips that the major companies do not.
I was amazed when I found out one of my more modern drives has 14 chips running the systems.

Lucid has sent out conflicting signals about whether the chip shortage will affect delivery dates. In an interview Peter Rawlinson gave shortly after the most recent production delay was announced, he was asked specifically whether chip shortages had anything to do with it. He said that Lucid had had he foresight to lock in the chip supply for its early production runs through "some very savvy" purchasing agreements and that Lucid's schedule would not be impacted. However, more recently, Lucid has begun to refer to chip shortages as part of their difficulty in getting cars to market on schedule.

I'm trying to thread the needle here, but I'm wondering if the difference in these two signals explains why Lucid is now intimating that, while it will still get Dream Editions out the door in 2021, it now might be 2022 before anyone sees their Grand Tourings delivered.

I'm trying to thread the needle here, but I'm wondering if the difference in these two signals explains why Lucid is now intimating that, while it will still get Dream Editions out the door in 2021, it now might be 2022 before anyone sees their Grand Tourings delivered.
On a CNBC interview today Peter Rawlinson mentioned that they would ship 577 cars this year. Sounds like just Dream editions. Here is a synopsis of the interview:

Last edited:
Back