Lucid Touring on Production Line

blueice89

Lucidnaire
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Referral Code
7MET7857
I heard from a bird that Lucid was recording the production video for Touring release today. That might have been why stock bumped today. Has anyone seen a Touring yet on the line??

They've beed dropping easter eggs the last few weeks (solid roof pic on Twitter and Touring in background in Peter's recent video) so it should be coming sooner rather than later. I don't believe we're seen anyone in here confirm their order though so if they are on the production line they're either test vehicles or possibly vehicles going to shops. Lucid would want the customer to lock the configuration and confirm before the vehicle is sent to the line for manufacturing.

They've beed dropping easter eggs the last few weeks (solid roof pic on Twitter and Touring in background in Peter's recent video) so it should be coming sooner rather than later. I don't believe we're seen anyone in here confirm their order though so if they are on the production line they're either test vehicles or possibly vehicles going to shops. Lucid would want the customer to lock the configuration and confirm before the vehicle is sent to the line for manufacturing.
It sure would be nice for them to be able to announce Touring production started before the end of Q3. So maybe we will start seeing some confirmations as early as next week? I’m trying to temper my excitement.

It sure would be nice for them to be able to announce Touring production started before the end of Q3. So maybe we will start seeing some confirmations as early as next week? I’m trying to temper my excitement.
They HAVE TO announce that and perhaps even a delivery or two at their next EC therefore I bet they will be in production at least by then.

If you have listened to them their whole call is based on we delivered 500 in this QTR BUT we have already delivered 400 this month alone.

So this one will say something similar and could be we started production of Touring on September 30th and have already delivered 100 in October 🤪

Lucid would want the customer to lock the configuration and confirm before the vehicle is sent to the line for manufacturing.
There are very few Touring configurations that they are planning to make first…the only real choice that is not “later availability” is DreamDrive vs DreamDrive Pro. So it makes sense for them to just start making cars.

They HAVE TO announce that and perhaps even a delivery or two at their next EC therefore I bet they will be in production at least by then.

If you have listened to them their whole call is based on we delivered 500 in this QTR BUT we have already delivered 400 this month alone.

So this one will say something similar and could be we started production of Touring on September 30th and have already delivered 100 in October 🤪
If they manage to start by September 30, and they get to that 60 cars per day number folks are talking about, they could, in theory, knock out the entire Touring reservation list before the end of the year. That's with two major, dumb assumptions, and one more solid assumption, though. 1) That they will be "caught up" on GT, and thus not producing any, or very few, during that period. 2) That Pure won't be started until after Touring is complete. 3) That there are fewer than 5,000 Touring reservations. I think number 1 is possible. 3 is likely. And 2 is less likely. They will probably start a second line for Pure, and that will be mixed into the 60-per-day number. Either way, I could see them being "done" with Touring by March or April of next year.

If they manage to start by September 30, and they get to that 60 cars per day number folks are talking about, they could, in theory, knock out the entire Touring reservation list before the end of the year. That's with two major, dumb assumptions, and one more solid assumption, though. 1) That they will be "caught up" on GT, and thus not producing any, or very few, during that period. 2) That Pure won't be started until after Touring is complete. 3) That there are fewer than 5,000 Touring reservations. I think number 1 is possible. 3 is likely. And 2 is less likely. They will probably start a second line for Pure, and that will be mixed into the 60-per-day number. Either way, I could see them being "done" with Touring by March or April of next year.
Is 60 cars per day, or 50 or 40, based on a five or seven day work week?

Is 60 cars per day, or 50 or 40, based on a five or seven day work week?
Good question. I was assuming 7. But even if they go weekdays only at 50 cars per day, they could knock out Touring in 4 or 5 months. If half of those 50 are Pure, though, it would be closer to 8 or 9 months.

Sure would be great to get that confirmation email or call soon. I'm guessing I'll hear something in the first group of confirmations. I reserved in October 2020.

What has happened to Bear’s Workshop drone coverage? Haven’t seen any all week.
He announced on a recent video that he would be jailed for some period of time. He said something about being out on "work release" but from time to time has to be incarcerated.

Sure would be great to get that confirmation email or call soon. I'm guessing I'll hear something in the first group of confirmations. I reserved in October 2020.
Apologies if I missed an earlier post of yours, but did you do the EV tax credit confirmation?

Back