Lucid Studio Visit

I notice the Tahoe looks a good bit more orange in my shot than in the shot posted by Neurio. I have seen the Miami car three times and was struck by how orange the Tahoe was each time.

I'm wondering if the lighting conditions vary that much from studio to studio. I found in Miami that no effort had been made to find a color temperature approximating sunlight, and the studio windows were also heavily tinted so that there was color shift when sunlight penetrated the studio as well.

Here is the Eureka Gold color block photographed inside the studio and outside in the sunlight with the same camera:

GoldComparo.png

In looking at the Cosmos Silver block in the studio and then the car itself, the block’s color looked quite different than the car itself. I’m not sure I’d trust the color blocks as to how the car actually ‘wears’ that same color. As is true with so many colors, lighting has a dramatic effect on the perceived color.

Quantum Gray is my first choice, but the picture of the cosmos Silver also looked pretty good. Did the polished aluminum roof rails fit in with the silver paint color or did it clash. It looked good on the picture you took. Was that your impression when you were there?

Everyone that was there, myself included, commented on how well it worked with the roof rails. The pictures were pretty indicative of how it actually looked.

I'd say the Tahoe leather has a caramel hue. That's how is describe the tone of brown anyway. The color swatches on the interior blocks seemed to confirm this too. Definitely not a mid tone brown, that's for sure.

Thank you. Now I am in a quandary and may be tilting toward the Cosmos Silver vs Quantum Gray. I will be going up to Scottsdale Arizona in early January to visit a friend. They have a white one in the studio there. Wish there was a silver or quantum Gray to view closer to Portland Oregon. I have a reservation for the GT trim. Based on comments and pictures above, I will probably switch from Santa Cruz to Mojave interior. I thank the Forum members for their photos and observations

Thank you. Now I am in a quandary and may be tilting toward the Cosmos Silver vs Quantum Gray. I will be going up to Scottsdale Arizona in early January to visit a friend. They have a white one in the studio there. Wish there was a silver or quantum Gray to view closer to Portland Oregon. I have a reservation for the GT trim. Based on comments and pictures above, I will probably switch from Santa Cruz to Mojave interior. I thank the Forum members for their photos and observations
The sales rep I spoke with in Beverly Hills said the silver paint is not quite the same tone as the roof, so it may bother some people that they don't match. I've never been a huge fan of silver cars (even though I've had 2), so I'm going for the gray.

I had a silver MS and it looked great. Got compliments all the time. People were amazed that Tesla discontinued it. With that said, I think the Cosmos Silver looks better than the silver I had on my MS. It’s a warmer tone which I like.

The last time I was in the Scottsdale studio, they had a black preproduction GT with Tahoe interior. If they have a white one now, I will go back, take a look and get some pictures since white is my preferred color. I will call them and ask.

I was also not a silver person, until I bought my 18 Porsche Panamera Turbo in GT silver. But that is a silver-gray metallic, rather than a pure silver

My friend texted us a picture of a white Lucid Air at the Scottsdale studio on Sept 5th

I've never been a huge fan of silver cars . . . .

I haven't been, either, but as Lucken said, the Cosmos Silver seems a bit warmer than some silvers based on the color blocks I saw. I actually think this silver looks particularly good on this car.

While I'm not a fan of blue cars, a lot of people are, so I'm surprised there's no blue among the exterior choices. As with the silver, a soft metallic blue might look particularly good on this car. Lucid actually had an alpha prototype in that color, and it looked great.

Those roof rails (which I like) have an odd effect in making certain colors on the car look good to me that I would not otherwise consider.

Back