Lucid Home Charger

Kamikaze

Member

Joined
Jun 24, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
21
I installed the Lucid home charger last week, after researching other options I just decided to go for it and bought it online for 1/2 price. I finally got the Wi-Fi working after the troubleshooting options on this forum, so thanks everyone. However, I don't think we talk enough about how basic the charger actually is - there is no way to schedule charging and no way to track electricity usage on the app or through the Wi-Fi portal. I confirmed that my 60amp breaker is charging at 49 amps, but otherwise, the connected aspect is completely useless. How can this thing cost $1200 when you get get a ChargePoint or other charger with this functionality at less than half the cost?

I highly recommend any new buyers stay away, unless your garage can utilize the 80amp capability....
 
I installed the Lucid home charger last week, after researching other options I just decided to go for it and bought it online for 1/2 price. I finally got the Wi-Fi working after the troubleshooting options on this forum, so thanks everyone. However, I don't think we talk enough about how basic the charger actually is - there is no way to schedule charging and no way to track electricity usage on the app or through the Wi-Fi portal. I confirmed that my 60amp breaker is charging at 49 amps, but otherwise, the connected aspect is completely useless. How can this thing cost $1200 when you get get a ChargePoint or other charger with this functionality at less than half the cost?

I highly recommend any new buyers stay away, unless your garage can utilize the 80amp capability....
Further functionality is coming. The 80amp capacity is great, and the car doesn’t need to schedule charge. Just plug in and forget.

The only exception is that @Denali_Dane would like to be able to lower the amp draw via the car or app so his solar could pick up the load, versus the power company. I agree somewhat but don’t see it as a huge disadvantage. (Yes I know the dip switches can change this but it’s a lot of work to unscrew and redo it.
 
I do need to schedule it as I am working on a free nights electric plan with solar. So i will need to plug it in every night after 9 pm. And I saw future functionality is coming, but I believe that has been the case for several years now.

It works well as a "dumb" charger, but for $1200 shouldn't we expect more? I understand the early adopter tax on the Lucid itself, but for the charger itself, I see little reason to have gone with Lucid.
 
I do need to schedule it as I am working on a free nights electric plan with solar. So i will need to plug it in every night after 9 pm. And I saw future functionality is coming, but I believe that has been the case for several years now.

It works well as a "dumb" charger, but for $1200 shouldn't we expect more? I understand the early adopter tax on the Lucid itself, but for the charger itself, I see little reason to have gone with Lucid.
The car handles scheduling my LHCS with no issues.
 
The car handles scheduling my LHCS with no issues.

According to the Owner's Manual, you can schedule charging sessions.
I'm counting on that feature.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding the manual.

Screenshot 2025-07-14 at 4.55.35 PM.webp
 
I installed the Lucid home charger last week, after researching other options I just decided to go for it and bought it online for 1/2 price. I finally got the Wi-Fi working after the troubleshooting options on this forum, so thanks everyone. However, I don't think we talk enough about how basic the charger actually is - there is no way to schedule charging and no way to track electricity usage on the app or through the Wi-Fi portal. I confirmed that my 60amp breaker is charging at 49 amps, but otherwise, the connected aspect is completely useless. How can this thing cost $1200 when you get get a ChargePoint or other charger with this functionality at less than half the cost?

I highly recommend any new buyers stay away, unless your garage can utilize the 80amp capability....
Yes I agree it is basically a "dumb" charger. I hate to say but I have recommend other chargers to people.
 
Further functionality is coming. The 80amp capacity is great, and the car doesn’t need to schedule charge. Just plug in and forget.

The only exception is that @Denali_Dane would like to be able to lower the amp draw via the car or app so his solar could pick up the load, versus the power company. I agree somewhat but don’t see it as a huge disadvantage. (Yes I know the dip switches can change this but it’s a lot of work to unscrew and redo it.
That is my biggest gripe with the home charger.
I would definitely love to easily regulate the amps via the app. I have solar and if I am not in a hurry I can set up a charge time and just let the car slowly charge all day long while the sun is up. But I can't.
The other minor complaint is the app only needs to tell me once that the battery is charged. Not 5 times throughout the night if I forget to unplug it. I get it its kicking on and off throughout the night maintaining the leval of charge but I don't really need to be alerted to that.
 
Yes I agree it is basically a "dumb" charger. I hate to say but I have recommend other chargers to people.
Yes. Agree 100%. It is a very dumb charger. The only reason to have it is to charge at 80 amps. If you can’t do that, get another charger such as a ChargePoint. Should be able to track energy use, change the amperage, schedule (on time, off time, weekday schedule, weekend schedule), etc.

And Yes…. The car can do scheduling, although primitive - 12h on, 12h off, and if you plug it in 11:59 before off, it will not stop, but continue to charge.
 
That is my biggest gripe with the home charger.
I would definitely love to easily regulate the amps via the app. I have solar and if I am not in a hurry I can set up a charge time and just let the car slowly charge all day long while the sun is up. But I can't.
The other minor complaint is the app only needs to tell me once that the battery is charged. Not 5 times throughout the night if I forget to unplug it. I get it its kicking on and off throughout the night maintaining the leval of charge but I don't really need to be alerted to that.
You can regulate the amps in the car and in app for Gravity. Hopefully it will come to the Air at some point.
 
Note that the Air, and I believe also Gravity, does not work with externally scheduled charging. I believe this is due to the car's hardware design. So while it's unfortunate that Lucid's home charging station can't do scheduled charging, there's also no point to it with a Lucid vehicle. You must schedule charging from within the car.

To use external charge scheduling, for example if you want to charge using only excess solar PV power which fluctuates during the day and sometimes drops out entirely, you'll need to set up something like home assistant to periodically wake the car at intervals when it should be able to charge.
 
I have noticed recently that my 2024 Lucid Air Pure does not recognize the scheduling feature. Recently meaning in the last month even before the cloud update and the Software version 2.7.1. It did use to work as I would set it for 12: 00 a.m. to get the best price on a kW. I tried today to schedule (12:00 a.m.), let it start charging, then stop the charging and set the schedule to a few minutes in the future to see if it would charge and it did not. Anyone else having this problem with the schedule function not being observed by the car. I would really rather not have to stay up till 12:00 a.m. or set my alarm to wake up then to start the charging. :( Any help would be appreciated.
 
I have noticed recently that my 2024 Lucid Air Pure does not recognize the scheduling feature. Recently meaning in the last month even before the cloud update and the Software version 2.7.1. It did use to work as I would set it for 12: 00 a.m. to get the best price on a kW. I tried today to schedule (12:00 a.m.), let it start charging, then stop the charging and set the schedule to a few minutes in the future to see if it would charge and it did not. Anyone else having this problem with the schedule function not being observed by the car. I would really rather not have to stay up till 12:00 a.m. or set my alarm to wake up then to start the charging. :( Any help would be appreciated.
If it started charging and you manually stopped it, I think you need to disconnect and reconnect it to resume scheduled charging.
If scheduled charging was working and suddenly stopped working, I would contact CS. This happened to me after an update. I'm not sure what resolved it. It may have been a TCU reset or one of those gremlins that disappears after a reboot? 🤷‍♂️
 
Should the lucid charger show up some where on the lucid app if it has been correctly paired to your account and wifi has gone through. How do we connect to the charger at all if possible without using a computer and restarting it to pair with the wifi ? Thank you
 
Should the lucid charger show up some where on the lucid app if it has been correctly paired to your account and wifi has gone through. How do we connect to the charger at all if possible without using a computer and restarting it to pair with the wifi ? Thank you
Currently, you need to log into its IP address to be able to control it. And there really isn’t much for you to do. Possibly you could download the logs and see what the charger has been up to. On the newer Chargers, with RFID you, can set up access so that it will only charges when an RFID card is tapped on the charger. With the latest charger software, you can also supposedly authorize individual vehicles although I haven’t tried that. Or authorize only Lucid vehicles.

The charger does “phone home” and theoretically Lucid should be able to have it show up on your account or app. When configuring the charger, there is a cloud setting where you can put in your Lucid email account. You can also change that setting and use your own OCPP server where you can control time of day charging, throttle current, share current with other chargers, and things like that. Presumably, Lucid would provide their server and an interface for you to be able to set these things.
 
Scheduling via the car worked fairly well. However a month or so back it became hit or miss. I had a couple days in a row where I woke up to no charge. Fortunately I checked early enough that I could manually get some juice before my commute. Assume an update broke this. Maybe it’s fixed. I’ll try again next weekend.
 
Currently, you need to log into its IP address to be able to control it. And there really isn’t much for you to do. Possibly you could download the logs and see what the charger has been up to. On the newer Chargers, with RFID you, can set up access so that it will only charges when an RFID card is tapped on the charger. With the latest charger software, you can also supposedly authorize individual vehicles although I haven’t tried that. Or authorize only Lucid vehicles.

The charger does “phone home” and theoretically Lucid should be able to have it show up on your account or app. When configuring the charger, there is a cloud setting where you can put in your Lucid email account. You can also change that setting and use your own OCPP server where you can control time of day charging, throttle current, share current with other chargers, and things like that. Presumably, Lucid would provide their server and an interface for you to be able to set these things.
Thanks a ton. I did put my username in the cloud access and configured the wifi but still not showing up in my lucid app. Pretty bare bones charger I guess. Getting the 80 amps so guess have to just live with that. Thanks again
 
FYI the lucid home charger is not energy star certified so my utility company/pseg refused to allow enrollment in reduced off time charge pricing. For those who have still not invested in a lucid home charger
 
Back
Top