Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

archon810

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
283
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
We’re excited to share an update regarding improvements to the access control system. After extensive testing, the upcoming 3.3.5 software update for Lucid Gravity has demonstrated a significant reduction in “key not detected” alerts that some owners have reported. This update also enhances overall system stability.

In addition to the main software update, we’re preparing a separate key fob firmware update. This update eliminates rare cases where customers may have needed to remove and reinsert their key fob battery to restore recognition. To receive this key fob update, please schedule a service appointment once you receive 3.3.5, either at a Lucid Service Center or with a Lucid Mobile Service technician who can perform the update for you at your location.

We expect to begin rolling these updates out to owners very soon. We deeply appreciate your patience and feedback throughout this process, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused. We’re also planning further refinements to address additional customer concerns with vehicle access and other software issues in future releases, so stay tuned for continued improvements.

Your experiences and insights continue to help us refine Lucid Gravity. Thank you for your continued support and for being part of the Lucid family.
Please post when you get this update and discuss.
 
So, another update that requires a Service Center or mobile tech visit . . . with people already waiting weeks for an appointment.
 
So, another update that requires a Service Center or mobile tech visit . . . with people already waiting weeks for an appointment.
When I talked to the Lucid people at the San Jose Grand opening, they said that currently there is no capability in the app to connect to the fob and update it.

I think there is a Lucid employee app that can do it, which is what mobile uses, and they're thinking about bringing the capability to the main user app, but as of now it's not something they support.
 
When I talked to the Lucid people at the San Jose Grand opening, they said that currently there is no capability in the app to connect to the fob and update it.

I think there is a Lucid employee app that can do it, which is what mobile uses, and they're thinking about bringing the capability to the main user app, but as of now it's not something they support.

Our mobile tech, who was here last week on one of his now-regular visits to our Gravity said he and the techs in his region haven't even received what they need to do the fob work related to the prior update.

He's coming again next week for yet another repair, so I'll see where things stand then.
 
So, another update that requires a Service Center or mobile tech visit . . . with people already waiting weeks for an appointment.
No appointment is necessary if the key fob update is performed at a service center but if you can give a heads-up that would be appreciated. A mobile service does require an appointment be made. Be sure to have had the 3.3.5 update installed prior to your visit/appointment.
 
My Gravity is in service now and the repair is scheduled to be done today. I will ask them to wait until the OTA comes in and patch the fob. Or maybe they can force the OTA.
I think if it's in service and the OTA starts rolling you'll get it applied regardless of where you usually sit in the queue (its usually part of the work order to check software). If it's not released by time the car is finished then you'll probably get the car back and be expected to just wait until the OTA drops. Lucid isn't running a storage facility to just hold cars for days on end until an OTA drops
 
No appointment is necessary if the key fob update is performed at a service center but if you can give a heads-up that would be appreciated. A mobile service does require an appointment be made. Be sure to have had the 3.3.5 update installed prior to your visit/appointment.
Would love to just take it in, but I guess this is the risk some of us took being a couple hundred miles away from a SC....
 
I hope this fixes all of the issues that make the Gravity a nearly unviable car right now. I have gotten black screens several times now and having to walk away from your car for several minutes to be able to drive it is a bit ridiculous. I was in a parking lot and someone was waiting to take my spot but I had to act like I was getting out of my car to take a phone call since I couldn’t move the car at all.

That and my backup and surround cameras not working at all are really annoying. I’ll deal with the other QOL software glitches until they’re fixed. But not being able to reliably get into my car and drive somewhere is really annoying.

Also, anyone else getting the inability to shift into Reverse only? I’ve had that happen three times now. I can shift into drive and Neutral but it won’t shift into Reverse without several tries (around 15 - 20). I’m now forced to back into parking spaces because of it, which isn’t great because I have no parking assist cameras anymore.
 
Also, anyone else getting the inability to shift into Reverse only? I’ve had that happen three times now. I can shift into drive and Neutral but it won’t shift into Reverse without several tries (around 15 - 20). I’m now forced to back into parking spaces because of it, which isn’t great because I have no parking assist cameras anymore.
Yup! Happened to me once. Reported it to Lucid.

I was about to take a video but then it started working, except when I finally did shift into reverse, the cameras stopped working. I had to reboot the car.
 
I hope this fixes all of the issues that make the Gravity a nearly unviable car right now. I have gotten black screens several times now and having to walk away from your car for several minutes to be able to drive it is a bit ridiculous. I was in a parking lot and someone was waiting to take my spot but I had to act like I was getting out of my car to take a phone call since I couldn’t move the car at all.

That and my backup and surround cameras not working at all are really annoying. I’ll deal with the other QOL software glitches until they’re fixed. But not being able to reliably get into my car and drive somewhere is really annoying.

Also, anyone else getting the inability to shift into Reverse only? I’ve had that happen three times now. I can shift into drive and Neutral but it won’t shift into Reverse without several tries (around 15 - 20). I’m now forced to back into parking spaces because of it, which isn’t great because I have no parking assist cameras anymore.
I agree… for this release, Lucid should ONLY fix the keyfob issue.

When software companies (or management) push engineering teams to add more and more fixes to an urgent release, they end up making things worse.
 
Just want to be the voice of reason before everyone starts frantically installing 3.3.5 and reporting back in here the moment they see "Key fob not detected" message pop up. The key words in Nick's statement were "significantly reduced" not eliminated, so it seems they will still appear in some way shape or form in this release just hopefully very rarely.
 
I hope this fixes all of the issues that make the Gravity a nearly unviable car right now. I have gotten black screens several times now and having to walk away from your car for several minutes to be able to drive it is a bit ridiculous. I was in a parking lot and someone was waiting to take my spot but I had to act like I was getting out of my car to take a phone call since I couldn’t move the car at all.

That and my backup and surround cameras not working at all are really annoying. I’ll deal with the other QOL software glitches until they’re fixed. But not being able to reliably get into my car and drive somewhere is really annoying.

Also, anyone else getting the inability to shift into Reverse only? I’ve had that happen three times now. I can shift into drive and Neutral but it won’t shift into Reverse without several tries (around 15 - 20). I’m now forced to back into parking spaces because of it, which isn’t great because I have no parking assist cameras anymore.
Yes. Had it happen twice when I was front and into a space. It actually went away after some period of time - I don’t remember how or why. It’s only happened twice in almost three months of ownership. But it was weird. I almost decided to drive through a wooden fence if the error didn’t clear. If I recall, maybe I used my key card instead of fob to “restart” the start up process…
 
Yes. Had it happen twice when I was front and into a space. It actually went away after some period of time - I don’t remember how or why. It’s only happened twice in almost three months of ownership. But it was weird. I almost decided to drive through a wooden fence if the error didn’t clear. If I recall, maybe I used my key card instead of fob to “restart” the start up process…
Hmm. Interesting on the key card. I’ve noticed it really only happens when the car has been parked a while. It’s happened twice to me at an appointment where my car is relatively close to me while I’m inside so I’ve wondered if it’s related to that.
 
I am still on the wait list and honestly have reservations about Lucid’s and the gravity, this right here is a big one. I have had new build houses that I purchased and if the keys/locks didn’t work I would never, ever make excuses well it’s a new house, this is the first time they made it, there is always a teething process with a new builder. Maybe I am a huge A hole compared to all you because I expect basic functionality in a product that I buy and reliably turning it on and off is that. This is complete clusterf*** and this should have been QC detected and fixed before 1 car was delivered. You all are Lucid’s customers, but also ambassadors because of how helpful you are to helping the public eat large be better educated about lucid. I am upset that Lucid isn’t doing something nice for all the gravity owners to date because of this issue like give each and every one of the customers a freebie from there shop as a make nice gesture. Yes complex software has bugs, but not being able to start your car isn’t a bug, it is more like a fatal error and it is a QC and product failure, especially from my limited understanding that lucid had a similar issue with the launch of the air too! I know that move fast and break things is the entrepreneurial tech approach, but I don’t think they should get a free pass when things go sideways either, like this. Just my $0.02.
 
Back
Top