Lucid Gravity 3.4.4 Software Update

I am having traction control issues after updating to 3.4.4 the car is now often cutting power when I go from reverse to drive frequently or even when I accelerate from a stop. This seems to be a safety issues as the car will move very slowly until I fully remove my foot from the accelerator and re apply it. In which process the car slows significantly due to regen. Not a fun experience in traffic. Anyone else experiencing this?
That’s not good I would call service immediately
 
I've given up on the fob and strictly start using the key card. When I first got the car, the fob was unreliable. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't work, and that was annoying. I was fiddling with the card once a week. But very quickly within 3 months the updates had the fob working pretty damn good.

Whatever they did, presumably in preparation for PaaK, broke the key fob on my car. Even if I manage to get it to unlock, I'm PERMA key not detected. Which means I need to do the whole dance of pulling out my wallet, and using the card. I find it much faster to just walk up and used the card to unlock and drive away.

I shouldn't be shocked, but I am shocked. I assume even if your making software changed to prepare for PaaK you'd test every revision of your hardware with the fob. There can't be that many revision to the hardware supporting fob detection, the car is less than a year old. This isn't some menu disappearing glitch that requires a series of specific actions to reveal a bug. This is any owner walking up to their car and driving away, BASIC functionality.

For the love of Rawlinson, please...please fix this by the next update. Otherwise I'm just going back to my bike for the commute. At least a flat tire happens once or twice a year, and not every fucking time I walk up to my bike.
 
1000008999.webp


Charged in the morning with cooler ambient temps. In the 62F range. Car held 80amps from 33% to 70% and is only now slowly starting to taper down.
 
I can’t confirm how the car is charging now with 3.4.4, but the car was at the body shop and I saw the car being charged at 21kW from 75-85% without dropping off. Once I get the car home today and run down the battery a bit I’ll charge on my home lucid NACS charger and report back here.
 
Service said my GT charging was OK after 3.4.4 was pushed onto it. Got my GT back too but SOC is high so haven't tried to charge it yet on 3.4.4 myself. My service advisor did mention DE and GT have slightly different charging systems though, which I found interesting.
 
View attachment 37298

Charged in the morning with cooler ambient temps. In the 62F range. Car held 80amps from 33% to 70% and is only now slowly starting to taper down.
I can’t confirm how the car is charging now with 3.4.4, but the car was at the body shop and I saw the car being charged at 21kW from 75-85% without dropping off. Once I get the car home today and run down the battery a bit I’ll charge on my home lucid NACS charger and report back here.
Service said my GT charging was OK after 3.4.4 was pushed onto it. Got my GT back too but SOC is high so haven't tried to charge it yet on 3.4.4 myself. My service advisor did mention DE and GT have slightly different charging systems though, which I found interesting.
Y'all are making me jealous! Mine's not working any better with 3.4.4 which means there's more issues than they originally thought and have yet to the diagnose properly. I reached out to them yesterday morning with more charging details from right after they installed the new part and after the installation of 3.4.4 showing the same issues still persist. I'm hoping for 3.5 this weekend so I can charge Sunday night and add it to my spreadsheet for further evidence there's a major problem.
 
Got my car back from body shop with 3.4.4 installed.

Tested out charging the car today and within 45 minutes, the charging throttled down from 19kW to 11kW. Really unfortunate that nothing has improved.
 
I'm happy to report suddenly my keys work again. Weird as hell how that happened. I went all week with bum fobs. I'm not sure what changed in the last 24 hrs
 
Tested out charging the car today and within 45 minutes, the charging throttled down from 19kW to 11kW. Really unfortunate that nothing has improved.
Same here. First time I had a chance to charge on a Lucid charger at 80 amps. And also not just a ramping down on amperage, but when it reached 80% it kept on cycling on and off like it did before. Let’s hope 3.5 fixes that.
 
As of this morning, I am still running 3.4.1. I did call Customer Care and let them know. They said everyone should be running 3.4.4 at this time. It was odd that you are still running 3.4.1.
Customer Care will push the 3.4.4 out to my vehicle and then will be on the list for 3.5.1. Just a quick update. No soup for me!
 
Just performed a hardware reset and had phone turned off while doing this. Car booted and then turned back on phone. Looked and still no changed status. Tried calling Lucid customer care and was unable to get through. Called Costa Mesa Studio and went to voice mail. Will have to wait until end of next week to see if anything changes. Not urgent at all (in bay area all next week for RSAC) but sharing the experience.
 
Just performed a hardware reset and had phone turned off while doing this. Car booted and then turned back on phone. Looked and still no changed status. Tried calling Lucid customer care and was unable to get through. Called Costa Mesa Studio and went to voice mail. Will have to wait until end of next week to see if anything changes. Not urgent at all (in bay area all next week for RSAC) but sharing the experience.
Ok, Lucid Customer Care comes to the rescue. I think there are good and bad living in the rural mountains. One of them is maybe the updates. This morning, traveled to Salt Lake City and received the update to 3.4.4. Did some running around Sandy and SLC and then head back to Park City. Once I got home, the update notice to 3.5.1. Installed that and now sitting at 3.5.1 with no issues. Observations:
1. 3.4.1 was ROCK SOLID. I had no issues at all. Wasn't really pining for an update as everything was working great. (no updates but that might be no cell reception)
2. When the car was updated to 3.4.4, this operated flawlessly too. Traveled maybe 80 miles total on the 3.4.4 with no noted issues.
3. Now on 3.5.1 and only went into garage to test Car Play. Seems normal. I would assume cable connection has better audio - not sure but that will be my connection standard

Great foundation for the software - now blaze a trail to added features and functions. What a great March 2026!
 
SO relieved to hear (or in this case NOT hear as many SW complaints on this forum) that Lucid has finally put out a few meaningful truly robust OTA updates and ppl are seeing less frustration inducing bugs with their Gravity's

Definitely was torn wanting a superior handling car with way more cargo space than my Outback but was scared I'd be getting into a SW nightmare plagued newly minted model
Waiting for LT turned out to be god-send to let the SW mature a bit.
 
Back
Top