Lucid Gravity 3.4.4 Software Update

We updated last night and the key fob with auto lock and unlock worked perfectly today; home, 3 stops, and back home again. Really no problems since the key fob software update that came with 3.4.1.
 
My auto lock and unlock is a huge problem now. Walking up doesn't unlock the car, smashing the unlock button for 15 seconds finally gets it to open, then I'm greeted with no key detected, and then walking away doesn't lock the car. It's pretty bad right now.

Measured the battery at 2.95V. Replaced the battery with another, measured at 3.08. No real difference in performance.
 
Last edited:
My auto lock and unlock is a huge problem now. Walking up doesn't unlock the car, smashing the unlock button for 15 seconds finally gets it to open, then I'm greeted with no key detected, and then walking away doesn't lock the car. It's pretty bad right now.

I updated to 3.4.4 yesterday. Maybe I should run downstairs right now to see if the key fob still works as reliably as it did before. Be right back.

Addendum: Nope, key fob works just fine. Car lit up like R2D2 as soon as I opened the door to the garage. I'll drive my GGT later today to see what, if anything, has changed.
 
Last edited:
My auto lock and unlock is a huge problem now. Walking up doesn't unlock the car, smashing the unlock button for 15 seconds finally gets it to open, then I'm greeted with no key detected, and then walking away doesn't lock the car. It's pretty bad right now.

Measured the battery at 2.95V. Replaced the battery with another, measured at 3.08. No real difference in performance.
I wonder if turning the feature off for a while (I don't know what that is...an hour...a day...🤷🏾‍♂️) and then turning it back on would help reset the whole thing...NO idea at all if that will work for you but maybe worth a try?
 
My auto lock and unlock is a huge problem now. Walking up doesn't unlock the car, smashing the unlock button for 15 seconds finally gets it to open, then I'm greeted with no key detected, and then walking away doesn't lock the car. It's pretty bad right now.

Measured the battery at 2.95V. Replaced the battery with another, measured at 3.08. No real difference in performance.
A new battery should be ~3.3V before the first use. 3.08 is probably an old NEW battery or a cheap one. Get a new Panasonic.

Since I have been experimenting with the fob quite a bit (search my name and fob) I have removed and replaced the battery many times. I can't call this a thing for sure, but it has happened more than once, that is removing and replacing the same battery within or very close to the car has resulted in a crash of the fob were I believe from it's consumption it is no longer transmitting. It will remain crashed and sucking the battery for tbd time. The fix is to then remove and replace that same battery and it will more than likely work. I've only experienced the crash 3 times when instrumented, two as discussed and one after I dropped the fob on the ground.

So, if I was having problems I would replace the battery with a new one out of range of the car. This will give the car a chance to reset also.
 
I updated to 3.4.4 yesterday. Maybe I should run downstairs right now to see if the key fob still works as reliably as it did before. Be right back.

I've got some energizers. I'll swap a new one in. I bought 10 of these batteries thinking there would be no way I go through them all, and yet here I am.... Wondering if I need to order more
 
I’m having same exact fob issues as described here after 3.4.4. It had been working mostly after 3.4.1 but auto lock was failing periodically. And yes I did update key fob software and I replaced the battery as instructed.

Now after 3.4.4 , Auto Unlock works maybe 60% of the time. Just this morning the car would not unlock for me twice despite walking around the entire vehicle. My daughter thought I was crazy. Had to hit the unlock repeatedly to get it to open. Eventually it did. No issues with putting it into gear though.

Sigh.
 
It's definitely not the battery. Damn this is annoying.
It’s annoying for sure as it’s just so hit and miss. Can work flawlessly for weeks and then all of a sudden just start acting up.

I just want PAAK at this point, it’s been long enough!
 
I had to use the key card so many times today, I'm so annoyed with the car right now.
 
It’s annoying for sure as it’s just so hit and miss. Can work flawlessly for weeks and then all of a sudden just start acting up.

I just want PAAK at this point, it’s been long enough!
You want *rock solid* PAAK, to be precise. If the issue is not the key fob but the car, having PAAK won't make a difference. PAAK will use the same technology (UWB, BLE) as the key fob. Furthermore, the key fob is made by Marquardt GmbH, which manufacture digital key systems for Stellantis Group and the Hyundai-Kia Motor Group, so there should be some maturity in the technology itself.
 
FWIW we should be aware that some people are reporting battery voltage as measured on a tester that loads the battery under test (pulls current from it). These types of battery testers typically have 1.5V and 9V ranges, and aren't super accurate. Under this kind of load, a brand new coin cell may read only 3.0 volts.

Others are reporting battery voltage as measured by a digital voltmeter, which does not load the battery, measuring voltage at essentially zero current, and is usually accurate to 0.1-0.5%. Users of this type of test instrument will see 3.25 to 3.30 volts for a brand new coin cell.

Both readings are correct. They are just measuring different things.
 
New batteries should be > 2.9V under no load, replace if <2.7V. No-load tests can tell you if a battery is bad but not good.

For a better test, put the battery under a 7.5k ohm load. New batteries should read > 2.8V. Degraded at < 2.5V, and about to die < 2.4V

Reference: Everything you need to know about the CR2450 3V battery
 
Installed 3.4.4 and now having issues where the key fob is not being recognized by my Lucid Gravity consistently. It takes several minutes with lots of shaking and pushing key fob buttons to get the car to recognize. Seems like this update degraded the key fob consistency issue. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

I don't have auto lock turned on; I use the fob buttons. Has been fine. But this afternoon had a instance where the unlock wouldn't work. I may have jammed the reader by pressing it so many times. Eventually used my card key to unlock. Did not need to use it to put the car into drive. Worked previously with 3.4.4, and later today. Fob battery doesn't appear to be the issue therefore.
 
I’m having same exact fob issues as described here after 3.4.4. It had been working mostly after 3.4.1 but auto lock was failing periodically. And yes I did update key fob software and I replaced the battery as instructed.

Now after 3.4.4 , Auto Unlock works maybe 60% of the time. Just this morning the car would not unlock for me twice despite walking around the entire vehicle. My daughter thought I was crazy. Had to hit the unlock repeatedly to get it to open. Eventually it did. No issues with putting it into gear though.

Sigh.
just crazy, for me the key fob works the best it ever has and didnt work at freaking all on 3.4.1 to the point that I locked and unlocked on the phone app because even hitting the button on the fob didnt do anything for 30s. now i step away like 20-30ft instant lock and always unlocks before I even get to the door the handles are out
 
My v3.4.4 update notification came in on Friday night, 03/06/2026.
I find myself posting less and less because I don't have any major software issues.
I mostly come here to check on what everyone else is complaining about!
 
Dear Lucid Software Team,
if it's not too much trouble, can you please program windows motors to run in the direction being commanded by the up/down levers at all times?
Current feature of randomly going in the opposite direction is getting annoying, it's been fun for a while, but it's time to put it to rest.
Thank you!
 
I got 3.4.4 installed on Friday night. Did a good 60 mile drive today on the highway, and pleasantly surprised to find the bug I file about Dream Drive Pro seemed to be fixed. Low sun traveling East/West would completely disable Drive Assist and regular cruise. Today the sun did not throw off the cameras.
 
I happened to notice that 1-3 days before my 3.4.1 update and now the 3.4.4 update my home wireless reports the car uploaded about 1.3 GB of data. Anyone else notice this?

Perhaps this explains why the car acts up so much just before an update, kind of like ms 1drive keeping me from working while it 'helps' me backup data supposedly in the background. And what is that 1.3 BG of data anyway, is that for training the AI maybe even for my particular car and drives?
 
Back
Top