Lucid failing to pay promised goodwill credit

I emailed Bobby and Joel after the close of business yesterday to request the promised update. No response to that email.

I just called Bobby. No answer. Then I called my SA Joel. He told me Bobby is in the office, and he will have him contact me.

The runaround I am getting from Lucid and their management is so frustrating. It has really soured me on this company and the ownership experience.
 
I called Bobby again today. No answer. Left a voicemail. Called Joel. He had no update but said (paraphrasing) “Bobby didn’t promise he would contact you with an update on Monday”. Which is baffling because 1) he did, and 2) if he told me he was to chat with his manager Casey Shaunessy this past Saturday to determine next steps, why could he not share with me what progress was made?

This is why I am documenting all of this here as they still mostly refuse to type anything in an email.

I finally got Casey’s email address and sent him / Joel / Bobby and Nick Twork an email asking for an update.

I have never felt this disrespected with any other vehicle purchase.
 
Positive update: Casey responded promptly to my email. His responses are professional, logical and helpful. Progress is being made. I am really grateful to Casey.
 
I’m not sure doxing them here is a good thing to do. Maybe I’m just old but I think people have the right to not be attacked by name by upset customers. The company sure, but the poor guy caught in the middle?

I had a minor issue getting my goodwill credit but it happened.
 
I’m not sure doxing them here is a good thing to do. Maybe I’m just old but I think people have the right to not be attacked by name by upset customers. The company sure, but the poor guy caught in the middle?

I had a minor issue getting my goodwill credit but it happened.
I understand what you mean, and for that reason I never gave the full name of my SA. Occasionally fellow forum users have experiences with the same SA and can give tips or advice on how they dealt with issues which is why I think using partial names is reasonable. The managers who are in public-facing roles I think fall into a different category. My hope is that this spurs Lucid management to make changes so that other customers do not have to waste so much of their time to get the company to meet their contractual agreements.
 
For anyone who is facing this issue I would say Casey is the guy who can get it resolved. True to his word the check arrived in 2-4 weeks. He said “in my experience it’s closer to 2 weeks” and he was exactly right.

I can’t say with certainty what the root cause of the initial delay was (pre-Casey involvement) but my summation is whatever communications or data the SA and his manager were sending off weren’t actually going to the right point and there was no process in place to know that and get it corrected.
 
For anyone who is facing this issue I would say Casey is the guy who can get it resolved. True to his word the check arrived in 2-4 weeks. He said “in my experience it’s closer to 2 weeks” and he was exactly right.

I can’t say with certainty what the root cause of the initial delay was (pre-Casey involvement) but my summation is whatever communications or data the SA and his manager were sending off weren’t actually going to the right point and there was no process in place to know that and get it corrected.
Glad they finally got this to you. One word of warning. Despite my earlier experience and advice saying they will not issue you a 1099 for the goodwill check, today I indeed received one from Lucid. This is in direct contradiction to emails and texts I have promising that I would not be issued a tax liability for the goodwill check. I’m working with sales management to resolve this now. They know it was miscommunicated and I am seeing how they make up the tax liability, which is substantial. Will report back once I have resolution.

You should confirm with your sales manager that you won’t have the same thing happen.
 
I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. My SA backtracked from a credit to the 1099 shortly after I signed the contract. Accordingly, I’ve already resigned myself to that. Yes, it felt like a deception, and a smarmy way to get a deal closed, but I have had to waste countless hours on this and I will just pay the tax liability to avoid wasting any more.

I do not think I will ever buy another Lucid. I had major issues with my Air purchase, as well. And then, unrelated, LFS is horribly incompetent and every year I am told by them that I owe property taxes on the vehicle(s) despite providing them the appropriate and notarized forms attesting to their use for personal means, which has also become an annual time dump for me. I need a personal assistant to deal with the hassles that come with Lucid ownership, and until I’m ready to pay for that, I won’t be getting another 🤣.
 
I a
I’m not sure doxing them here is a good thing to do. Maybe I’m just old but I think people have the right to not be attacked by name by upset customers. The company sure, but the poor guy caught in the middle?

I had a minor issue getting my goodwill credit but it happened.
I agree with you when it is the system and upper management that is the problem. When it is the employee himself, then I disagree. A failure to return a promised phone call, and then lying about it, is not a managerial problem, it is an employee problem and I have no problem calling out an employee by name in that case. A failure to get a check issued. is a management problem, and the employee should not be identified by name.
 
Back
Top