Lucid app and iOS

I selected Open/close trunk and frunk from the Lucid app. In Shortcuts I changed car to Lucid. Using the iphone I can open and close the trunk with Siri. This also worked from my iWatch but with delays and extra effort. The iwatch setup instructions on the Lucid app does not match my iwatch settings. I really want to get this working seamlessly on the iWatch. I am use to opening trunk with foot motion. However it does not work on the Frunk because Siri thinks I'm saying Frank. For the generic commands like "Siri lock my car" Siri always ask Lucid Air? I only have one car setup with Siri.
You can change the word “frunk” to “front trunk” or something that does sound similar to frunk.

I believe this is a bug in the Lucid app. They are not ”donating” those specific shortcuts to the Shortcuts app for some reason. Even though they do send some of them.

I would report this to customer care.
The Try Saying Siri Commands ie Is my car locked? work. However, siri always ask if I want Lucid Air. How do I tell Siri that all of these are for the Lucid Air?

The Try Saying Siri Commands ie Is my car locked? work. However, siri always ask if I want Lucid Air. How do I tell Siri that all of these are for the Lucid Air?
That’s the bug. Only the custom ones allow you to make changes in the Shortcuts app. The built-in ones don’t allow any editing, so they will always ask you which car. The Shortcuts app can’t see them, because the app is not advertising their presence to Shortcuts.

That’s the bug. Only the custom ones allow you to make changes in the Shortcuts app. The built-in ones don’t allow any editing, so they will always ask you which car. The Shortcuts app can’t see them, because the app is not advertising their presence to Shortcuts.
That's strange that the built-in commands dont' know that I only have one car - Lucid. If I share an address from Google Maps, my lucid shows up as the only car.

That's strange that the built-in commands dont' know that I only have one car - Lucid. If I share an address from Google Maps, my lucid shows up as the only car.
Yeah. Not sure whether they intended this or not, but I consider it a bug.

I get why they have the option to choose multiple cars. People have more than one car. They could easily have more than one Lucid. But not letting us set a default is an oversight. Hope they fix it soon.

Personally, I find all the shortcuts slow, anyway. So I’ve been using the fob for now. Hoping they can speed those up eventually.

For current drivers, have any of you tested out using iOS shortcuts or Siri with the lucid app? I’m curious if you can automate the climate control or use Siri to activate certain features, such as “Hey Siri, warm up the car” to get it to temp on a cold morning.
I just tested it and first it asked “Lucid Air”. I responded yes, then it said I had to go through the app. My thought was if I had to go through the app I could already see my range. i did open the app and asked Siri how much charge I had, and it gave me the percentage instead of the miles.

As I mentioned above, I haven't found a way to change the "car" field to Lucid for those shortcuts Lucid created. For shortcuts I created, no issue, but for one like "Lock car", I can't figure out a way to specify Lucid. No matter how many times I execute the command, it still asks me to confirm it's for Lucid. Have you found a way to specific Lucid on these Lucid-created shortcuts?
The car field is greyed out, when I try to change it, I get an error as in the attached Screen shot. Any ideas. Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• Turn on Lucid AC.jpeg
    Turn on Lucid AC.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 22
The car field is greyed out, when I try to change it, I get an error as in the attached Screen shot. Any ideas. Please help. Thanks
Anybody any thoughts ideas. I called Customer care and they said they need to update the App and they cannot give an ETA on that, which in software dev world means its not being worked on at this time and its not even queued up for working. So the Shortcut thing is a bogus.

Anybody any thoughts ideas. I called Customer care and they said they need to update the App and they cannot give an ETA on that, which in software dev world means its not being worked on at this time and its not even queued up for working. So the Shortcut thing is a bogus.
As a software dev, that means customer care is doing their job and covering for their devs. Even if a dev says "no problem, it'll be 2 days" a customer-facing element will rarely tell you "devs said no problem, it'll be 2 days." Because then when it takes 4 whole days it looks like a failure, customer care looks bad, the developer looks bad, everyone is unhappy. The best you might get is "devs said it'll be up to 2 weeks" just to be safe.

For what it's worth, the Home Assistant integration we've developed provides the same functionality (including iOS Shortcuts). Yes the Lucid app should be fixed (and will be, at some point), but this does give you a workaround at least.

As a software dev, that means customer care is doing their job and covering for their devs. Even if a dev says "no problem, it'll be 2 days" a customer-facing element will rarely tell you "devs said no problem, it'll be 2 days." Because then when it takes 4 whole days it looks like a failure, customer care looks bad, the developer looks bad, everyone is unhappy. The best you might get is "devs said it'll be up to 2 weeks" just to be safe.

For what it's worth, the Home Assistant integration we've developed provides the same functionality (including iOS Shortcuts). Yes the Lucid app should be fixed (and will be, at some point), but this does give you a workaround at least.
That's my point. You pay $100k plus for a car and many things don't work like the car doesn't always wake up when you get close, The charger works sometime and other times give an error after charging for some time, The nav is an iffy. The app short cuts don't work at all. The Phone and the car garage where the car is parked is connect 1 GB FIOS with router 10 yards away ( My Golf simulator PC in the Garage gets 584MBPS speeds on wifi in a PC. So the Software will get updated someday in not acceptable. have done all sorts of resets several times. Anyway sorry for my rant. The car drives beautiful. I guess I must be content with that rather than expecting all the features to work.

I have had some bad experiences in the past trying to install Home assistant. I have HomeKit working nicely with all my devices and appliances at home with an Apple TV and Podmini. So I don't want to mess with it at this time. Thanks so much for your help and support. God bless

That's my point. You pay $100k plus for a car and many things don't work like the car doesn't always wake up when you get close, The charger works sometime and other times give an error after charging for some time, The nav is an iffy. The app short cuts don't work at all. The Phone and the car garage where the car is parked is connect 1 GB FIOS with router 10 yards away ( My Golf simulator PC in the Garage gets 584MBPS speeds on wifi in a PC. So the Software will get updated someday in not acceptable. have done all sorts of resets several times. Anyway sorry for my rant. The car drives beautiful. I guess I must be content with that rather than expecting all the features to work.

I have had some bad experiences in the past trying to install Home assistant. I have HomeKit working nicely with all my devices and appliances at home with an Apple TV and Podmini. So I don't want to mess with it at this time. Thanks so much for your help and support. God bless
Charger works all the time, don’t use navigation because I use Apple Maps, app short cuts do work, who uses FIOS ? , use Alexa- dump HomeKit

Charger works all the time, don’t use navigation because I use Apple Maps, app short cuts do work, who uses FIOS ? , use Alexa- dump HomeKit
Good for you all these work! FIOS is the fiber internet available in my area. HomeKit because we as a family are in apple environment.

Good for you all these work! FIOS is the fiber internet available in my area. HomeKit because we as a family are in apple environment.
We are an Apple family but just use Alexa, it just works better

Back