Lucid Announces Production Preview Week at AMP-1, Kicking Off the Week of September 27

Adnillien

Staff Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0

"Production Preview Week at AMP-1, a series of events the week of September 27, 2021, during which Lucid will open the doors of its Advanced Manufacturing Plant (AMP-1) factory in Casa Grande to members of the media and financial communities, policymakers, and a select group of customers. Invited guests will be able to observe the production processes for the Lucid Air and take a deep dive into Lucid's advanced EV technology with leading engineers.

Guests will also have the opportunity to personally experience the Lucid Air on the road in ride and drives, ..."

Good news that thing are becoming more open. I wonder if any of the Dream buyers on this forum will be invited.

Reactions: Joe
I wonder if 'personally experience the Lucid Air on the road in ride and drives' means actually driving the car themselves rather than being driven?

This got posted tonight on Lucid Forum. Wonder how they chose which of the 20 Dream reservation holders to attend?
-----

HI Dr. Xxxxxxx and xxxx,

Great speaking with you this evening! Thank you for taking my call on a Friday evening

It gives me great pleasure to invite you both to our manufacturing facility in Arizona for a full day of exclusive activities.

On Tuesday, September 28, we will be hosting an invite-only event to experience Lucid Air firsthand. You will meet many of the Lucid team, tour the factory, see the commissioning of the factory and be one of the first customers to test drive the Lucid Air.

Please see your attached invitation with some more information. The invitation is for you plus 1 guest. It includes travel, 2 nights stay at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, and ground transportation. It is not a delivery event; it is a manufacturing commissioning event that was alluded to in Jonny Lieberman's Motor Trend article. It will be a combination of 20 Dream Edition customers, many from the media and influencers, State Government officials, local government, public policy folks and more. It is going to be an exciting event.

I am SO excited you both will be able to attend and will update you with more details to prepare for your visit.

On behalf of all the teams at Lucid, we are so happy you both will be joining us for this exciting momentous event.

Thank you,

Lxxxx Pxxxx | Headquarters xxxxx Advisor
Direct | (650) 980-xxxx
7373 Gateway Blvd., Newark, CA 94560
[email protected]

I hope some of the Dream reservation holders on this forum get invited. If it is a week long event, I also hope that they invite some local reservation holders on another day.

On the lucid-form.com website, someone mentioned that Lucid is paying for their accommodations and trip to attend the Sep 27 event:

Last edited:
Well, there goes the $7,500 tax credit. The latest bill in congress allows a $7500 tax credit for cars costing under the following amounts:
$56K for sedans, 69K for SUV's, 74K for pickup trucks and 54K for vans. The credit is increased to $12,500 for autos that are made in a union plant. This eliminates the tax credit for all the trims of the Lucid. Can't be good for future sales. Income will not be a factor. The tax credit is allowed for individuals making 400K and 800K for couples, but that does not change the equation for Lucid. In addition, the credit will be at the point of sale instead of on your tax return, so that people who do not pay at least $7,500 or $12,500 will receive the full amount.

Forgot to mention that this applies to all vehicles sold in 2022, so those that ordered the Dream Edition will still get the credit if they receive delivery this year.

Yeah, it’s the bill part of the $3.5 trillion package?

Great way to incentivize going electric. Geesh. I agree, this won’t be good for sales.

Of course Lucid can do what Tesla did after they lost the tax credit, reduce the cost of the car. Something tells me though that will not be the path Lucid takes.

Back