• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid Air vs…Bentley Flying Spur??

You can get a great deal on older serial-production exotics. I sold my perfect 11-year-old Maserati for 20% of what I paid for it new. Just be very patient and wait for a well maintained, unmodified example to come along.
proof that this was my daily driver:
20210310_125045.jpg
20210430_114023 (1).jpg

People say "If you can't afford a new Mercedes, you definitely can't afford a used one". BS.
This was the absolute pinnacle of Mercedes engineering. Built to last forever.

Saw this (2001 R-129 SL 600 ) in the window of the Merc dealership in 2000. Sicker was ~$140k or thereabouts.
I was unemployed.

around 2014 I found this one in FL. Wire transferred $12,500 and had it trucked to Philly - sight unseen.
Found the panoramic roof ($22,000 option) in AZ (paid $2000 for it -sight unseen) and had it shipped to me. Needed a latch pin...easy fix-- two bolts. Was my (seasonal) daily driver up until last summer (Lucid on the way).

It was well-maintained. I repaired the hydraulic top pistons (easy) and everything else was regular maintenance. Yes you can get a supercar for less than a Dodge Neon. Sold last summer { to another R 129 nut who drove up in the Silver Arrow edition SL 500}. ... for sold it for $11,000. In one day. There is always a market for rare and beautiful cars. (good luck trying to sell a 2001 Dodge Neon).

we few ... we happy few

You can get a great deal on older serial-production exotics. I sold my perfect 11-year-old Maserati for 20% of what I paid for it new. Just be very patient and wait for a well maintained, unmodified example to come along.
I mean, no offence but I would NEVER buy a used maserati. Too much maintenance.

View attachment 10499View attachment 10501
People say "If you can't afford a new Mercedes, you definitely can't afford a used one". BS.

Saw this (2001 R-129 SL 600 ) in the window of the Merc dealership in 2000. Sicker was ~$140k or thereabouts.
I was unemployed.

around 2014 I found this one in FL. Wire transferred $12,500 and had it trucked to Philly - sight unseen.
Found the panoramic roof ($22,000 option) in AZ (paid $2000 for it -sight unseen) and had it shipped to me. Needed a latch pin...easy fix-- two bolts. Was my (seasonal) daily driver up until last summer (Lucid on the way).

It was well-maintained. I repaired the hydraulic top pistons (easy) and everything else was regular maintenance. Yes you can get a supercar for less than a Dodge Neon. Sold last summer { to another R 129 nut who drove up in the Silver Arrow edition SL 500}. ... for sold it for $11,000. In one day. There is always a market for rare and beautiful cars. (good luck trying to sell a 2001 Dodge Neon).

we few ... we happy few
That is a beautiful classic. I wish I have more garage space…

View attachment 10499View attachment 10501

I was unemployed.

we few ... we happy few

No offense, but this trunk reminds me of an open casket funeral. Is it just me?

20210310_125045.jpg

As with any older car, always buy the lowest mileage and best maintained/documented example you can find. Mine is a 2006 because I wanted the very rare 6-speed manual transmission. I drive it very little, currently only 10k miles!!
lol .. 100% agree.

took me forever to find my "roscia" .. wanted the 430 and the gated manual .. finally found a 2006 w/ <9K mi. in 2015 .. now have just over 10K .. can't get myself to sell it.
IMG_0156.JPG

I would like to see a new thread since we've gone off Mountain Man's track. I've been Bentley curious all my life (was a school boy in England) so I want to keep his post pure. Going to try to restart this as something like: " What ICE car did you give up to make room for your EV ?"

I would like to see a new thread since we've gone off Mountain Man's track. I've been Bentley curious all my life (was a school boy in England) so I want to keep his post pure. Going to try to restart this as something like: " What ICE car did you give up to make room for your EV ?"
I believe that thread already exists. Might as well fire it back up.

Back to Mountain Man's point. Bentleys are awesome. I'd be willing to sacrifice the planet for a flying sperm. The owner of my local grocery store sometimes park it at the side employees entrance ... I always stop to gawk at it.
Art is art.
Next time I go to get local habanero cheddar I'll snap a photo.

Just to be clear ... my Luci is the love of my life ( wife does not do internet ... I'm safe).

Last edited:
Regarding the Bentley, there is a certain fun with driving it especially the w12. Lucid is Fast but Bentley acceleration on regular driving is very smooth and linear and putting ur foot down hearing the v12 and the jolt always puts a smile to ur face. Bentley is more luxurious and quieter as well :) Lucid and Bentley are very far apart in experience and is more of a preference at that point

Back