Lucid Air Touring Wind/Vibrating noise when driving

jkm

Cars
X7 M50i | M3 LR | 530i
Just wondering if I was the only one having this issue with the Lucid Touring. When driving over 65mph+ there’s this slight humming vibrating noise. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I had the similar issue where I feel noise in the cabin when driven 70+ mph. Called in service and the tech came fixed it. However, he misaligned my frunk and now I had to drop to their recommendation location. I do have few other issues but they are minor

I had the similar issue where I feel noise in the cabin when driven 70+ mph. Called in service and the tech came fixed it. However, he misaligned my frunk and now I had to drop to their recommendation location. I do have few other issues but they are minor
What was done to fix the noise?

I had (and still have) this. It's a rubber flap vibrating in the wind in the air channels in the hood. First they couldn't recreate it, then I sent them a video of the sound and was able to recreate it with a leaf blower. They came out and glued some plastic pieces that are supposed to keep the rubber from vibrating. When I tested with the leaf blower, it was quiet. Then I drove the car and the noise was still there. They wanted it back in the shop to troubleshoot further but I wanted to drive my car instead. They can fix it "next time".

Mine was inside the cabin. They have to open inside front driver door and added a watcher to create some space somewhere in there. The guy ran to HD and got that watcher.

Just noticed this yesterday for the first time and it definitely seems to be coming from the hood area. Tracking to see if anyone resolves.

I have this weird noise in the touring as well. But when I go to work when the weather is cooler it's fine. But on my way back home on a really hot day. I noticed, when ever there is a car passing by from the opposite lane. At any speed. I just hear some extra wind noise, it only happens when the car has been in the sun for long and I start driving in the heat if I cool it down with the ac it eventually gets better. I don't know if it's to do with the heat expanding and contracting some trip. Wanted to know if any one experienced the same thing.

I get the hum when approaching triple digits, I've attributed it to the air flowing through the hood vents.

My cabin is very quiet city driving. But on the highway, I get some wind noise very clearly on both driver and passenger sides. My passenger said it sounded like it was coming from the rear view mirror area. I thought it was an air leak somewhere near the top of my window. I thought I could feel some air flow as well. The AC was turned off. Certainly more noticeable than my last car. Anyone else? Is there a fix? I will alert customer care.

Looks like I am not the only one imagining wind noise. I get this annoying hum at 75-80+. No news on the cause for that as my car is being repaired for other things.

I did notice a gap in the black trim closest to the windshield on the hood. You could put two quarters underneath it. My guess in my particular case would be that piece of trim vibrating.

However, I would like to hear the different resolutions as the loaner I have is whisper quiet well into triple digits.

Looks like I am not the only one imagining wind noise. I get this annoying hum at 75-80+. No news on the cause for that as my car is being repaired for other things.

I did notice a gap in the black trim closest to the windshield on the hood. You could put two quarters underneath it. My guess in my particular case would be that piece of trim vibrating.

However, I would like to hear the different resolutions as the loaner I have is whisper quiet well into triple digits.
I had that piece of trim replaced by mobile service because of the exact same problem.

I’ve been suffering this vibration noise, too; it starts in the 70-80 mph range. Intermittently, I get a faint rattle/jangle from the driver’s door area at the same time. Service tech told me it has to do with the aerodynamics of the car as the air flows over the surface. I have my doubts about that stated cause and will push for a solution next service.

Back