Does anyone use a Tesla Tap Mini 80A with a Tesla Wall Connector Gen 2 to charge their Lucid? Please share your thoughts.
Thanks
My tesla tap worked for about 3 months (48 miles per hour charge) but now after few min it drops down to 22 miles per hour charge . I am not sure if it’s the adapter or tesla made a software change on the 3rd generation charger that I have .
all I can say is that I have been using a tesla mobile charger with a teslatap for almost 2+ years without any sort of issues, it might be a slightly slower charge but it is fast enough for my needs.Since I have a Tesla Wall Connector Gen 2, it doesn't receive any updates. I hope I won't encounter any issues. Does the Tesla Tap Mini get hot when charging the Lucid? My only concern is that the Tesla Tap is not certified by any authority; it seems like it’s just a person making these devices in their garage.
a2zevshop.com
ev-lectron.com
I think I will just go with the universal Tesla wall connector Gen 3 insteadI've used a TeslaTap for destination (hotel) charging while on road trips. It works OK, but does get warm, which concerned me a little. In one instance with a possibly faulty charging handle, it became extremely hot. The issue may have been in the charger rather than the TeslaTap, though charging was not automatically stopped or slowed, which bothered me. The company that makes TeslaTap does seem to be small.
If you haven't already bought a TeslaTap, I'd strongly consider an adapter from A2X or Lectron instead. Both are larger, very reputable companies, many of their products have been tested to meet US and international safety standards, and their prices are competitive with TeslaTap or lower.
![]()
NACS Charger To J1772 Vehicle | AC | UL2252 - A2Z EV
The first UL2252/CSA-C22.2 certified NACS to J1772 adapter. Key Features : Power : Can charge up to - A2Z EVa2zevshop.com
![]()
Lectron Tesla (NACS) to J1772 EV Adapter | 240V | 80 Amp | UL 2252 Certified
Lectron Tesla (NACS) to J1772 EV Adapter | UL 2252 Certified. Delivers 240V & 80A for fast, reliable and safe charging.ev-lectron.com
Or any J1772 EVSE if you don't need NACS for another car.I think I will just go with the universal Tesla wall connector Gen 3 instead
My other car is a Tesla that's why I think the best choice is the universal Tesla wall connector Gen 3Or any J1772 EVSE if you don't need NACS for another car.