Lucid Air Touring cancelled, purchased used GT

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Hi,
After looking deeply in the mirror and seeing how much I was missing in my Plaid compared to the GT and seeing what a great offer 100k on used GT with very little sales tax on trade………I took the leap and became a used 22 GT owner. That said today I cancelled my Air Touring order that I had held since 8/21. What I would say is just cause you cancel a Lucid order doesn’t mean you can’t be a future Lucid owner. The used market is ripe with deals just have to seek and negotiate.

They did refund my 1000$ which was a nice gesture by Lucid. I did not expect that.
It also has 3 years EA charging free.

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpeg
    IMG_7199.jpeg
    690.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7145.jpeg
    IMG_7145.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_7200.jpeg
    IMG_7200.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 193
I had an Air GT on order, bought a used Air GT instead for $30K less. But Lucid did not refund my $1000. How did you talk them into it? I know it was the letter of the agreement, but they had not even started to build the car yet, delivery was still months away after months of waiting already. Left a poor impression on me. I probably won't buy another Lucid for a very long time. Pennywise imho. I even asked if they would move the non-refundable deposit to a Gravity, and they refused. So bought an iX instead. Dumb way to make $1000.

I had an Air GT on order, bought a used Air GT instead for $30K less. But Lucid did not refund my $1000. How did you talk them into it? I know it was the letter of the agreement, but they had not even started to build the car yet, delivery was still months away after months of waiting already. Left a poor impression on me. I probably won't buy another Lucid for a very long time. Pennywise imho. I even asked if they would move the non-refundable deposit to a Gravity, and they refused. So bought an iX instead. Dumb way to make $1000.
They told me they wouldn’t refund me and I said fine cancel the order so it might have been dumb luck. Did you buy the used Lucid then cancel?

I asked for a refund when I cancelled, they just said no, that was not what the contract said, and they are technically right. I had just bought the used one a day before. Possibly my car was further along than yours, maybe they were already ordering parts or whatever. But even buying a used Lucid is good for Lucid, so I expected they would at least let me transfer the deposit to a future new Lucid vehicle. I thought that was a fair compromise, but no luck. I still saved quite a bit so no big deal. But unlikely I buy a Gravity now.

It's amazing there are $140K+ MSRP AIR cars out there with 1k - 2k miles for $110K or so, some even less. That's quite a hit. I think a used Air is the best deal in town right now!

I asked for a refund when I cancelled, they just said no, that was not what the contract said, and they are technically right. I had just bought the used one a day before. Possibly my car was further along than yours, maybe they were already ordering parts or whatever. But even buying a used Lucid is good for Lucid, so I expected they would at least let me transfer the deposit to a future new Lucid vehicle. I thought that was a fair compromise, but no luck. I still saved quite a bit so no big deal. But unlikely I buy a Gravity now.

It's amazing there are $140K+ MSRP AIR cars out there with 1k - 2k miles for $110K or so, some even less. That's quite a hit. I think a used Air is the best deal in town right now!
I got my used GT with 4k miles for 100k I jumped at it !!

Attachments

• IMG_6917.jpeg
    IMG_6917.jpeg
    859.6 KB · Views: 170
Hi,
After looking deeply in the mirror and seeing how much I was missing in my Plaid compared to the GT and seeing what a great offer 100k on used GT with very little sales tax on trade………I took the leap and became a used 22 GT owner. That said today I cancelled my Air Touring order that I had held since 8/21. What I would say is just cause you cancel a Lucid order doesn’t mean you can’t be a future Lucid owner. The used market is ripe with deals just have to seek and negotiate.

They did refund my 1000$ which was a nice gesture by Lucid. I did not expect that.
Is this Infinity Black or Quantum Grey?!

Anyway, congratulation! What a great deal you got there!

I didn't get my refund either, they did try though, but upper management said no. Oh well.

Congrats though and great deal! I'm also a used GT owner at 119k, Zenith Red

Congratulations! I’ve always liked purchasing a car with a few miles on it to help knock off some early depreciation. Those getting their cars today are having a far better experience than those of us who purchased with UX V.1 Enjoy!

I cancelled my Pure order. I did not ask for a refund. The original deposit was refundable. I chose to make it non refundable and, IMO, I had no right to a refund. Interestingly, Lucid refunded me the deposit anyway.

While the refund was a nice touch, I don't see how one can get angry at Lucid for simply following the customer decision to make the deposit not refundable.

I cancelled my Pure order. I did not ask for a refund. The original deposit was refundable. I chose to make it non refundable and, IMO, I had no right to a refund. Interestingly, Lucid refunded me the deposit anyway.

While the refund was a nice touch, I don't see how one can get angry at Lucid for simply following the customer decision to make the deposit not refundable.
I am about to cancel my "NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT" RWD Pure order as well. I have received a voicemail that stated that the car is scheduled for July to September production. Interesting to see if I get a refund.

Also - best of luck to you with the hip (my wife had hers done, and after recovery she says that it was well worth it) and the GV60. Note that there was a recall on the rear driveshaft.

I am about to cancel my "NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT" RWD Pure order as well. I have received a voicemail that stated that the car is scheduled for July to September production. Interesting to see if I get a refund.

Also - best of luck to you with the hip (my wife had hers done, and after recovery she says that it was well worth it) and the GV60. Note that there was a recall on the rear driveshaft.
Thanks. The hip replacement went terrific. Never any pain. Took almost no pain medication. I am already getting more distance out of my golf clubs. Mine went so well that my sister-in-law who has needed one for almost twenty years but has been afraid to proceed is now coming to Phoenix to have my surgeon do her hip.

My GV60 is one of the cars for the recall. I didn't want to drive a rear wheel focused AWD car that could have the rear drive shafts fail while I am in an intersection. So my Genesis dealer has my GV60 and I am driving an Electrified Genesis G80 as a loaner. I really, really miss the GV60 and I don't yet have a date when they will fix it and return it to me. The dealer has had the car for more than two weeks; I used the app this morning and saw that in those two weeks, my battery has lost 2% of its charge. Not a bad vampire loss.

Weird, I got my deposit refunded, I had even put in my "final order" for the Touring that would have been delivered at the end of the year last year.

I was told it wouldn't be refunded, but then it showed up.

I did exactly that yesterday. Four month old Touring 2023, 2k, $130k MSRP, for low 90's. Even the wife said Do It!

I followed a similar path …
Had an Air GT on order, but canceled it and bought a used Air Dream.
I love the 1,111 HP and performance of the car.
Didn‘t get a refund, but that’s what I signed up for when I confirmed the order, so I think it’s reasonable for Lucid to keep it.

I thought of buying used but concerned about any issues with the car and also wanted to be a first owner if spending that much on a car!
Exactly, people forget Lucid is an expensive car. Which means very big damage before you cross into category of "salvage" title, or writing the whole thing off as a wreck.

Which means, they can be rebuilt and still keep clean title.

Hi,

Very cool on refund and the GT looks great

Bought a GT today. Canceled my Pure order. All I need now is a recommendation for a good covered transport company, California to Central Florida... any recommendations?

Back