Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

I just ordered last night. I almost bought another vender with suction cup and aluminum shield. But this OEM with clips look cleaner design. I wish someone can review it here.

Just installed mine. Very similar to the Tesla roof shade. The retaining clips are a bit fiddly, but so we’re the Tesla’s. So far so good. Driving with them is next.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.jpeg
    IMG_2562.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 348
  • IMG_2561.jpeg
    IMG_2561.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 366
Just installed mine. Very similar to the Tesla roof shade. The retaining clips are a bit fiddly, but so we’re the Tesla’s. So far so good. Driving with them is next.

Look very OEM. I like it!

Keep us posted.

FedEx just rang door bell for my shade cover. I came out, just miss him. Left the sticky for me to go pick up at distribution center 10 miles away. Damn!

Interesting. They looked a lot more opaque on the Lucid website. Too late now. I’ve already ordered them.

Do the front ones stay up with the sun shades flipped down? I have the HeatShield for the windshield, which is held in place by the sun shades. It’d be awkward if I could only have one or the other.

Yes, they stay up. The clips on three sides hold them in place. They are black mesh. A little finer mesh than the built in rear door and rear glass shades. They look much lighter in those photos than they are. Some bright sun was steaming through the mesh and the exposure wasn’t great. I was surprised to see my outside temp reading after my first drive with them (photo). Probably not related.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2563.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 257

I guess they aren't blackout shades, which would have been nice.

Would be curious to know how driving goes with the rear sunshade in place, which would help protect rear passengers (especially carseat passengers!) on sunny trips.

Yes, they stay up. The clips on three sides hold them in place. They are black mesh. A little finer mesh than the built in rear door and rear glass shades. They look much lighter in those photos than they are. Some bright sun was steaming through the mesh and the exposure wasn’t great. I was surprised to see my outside temp reading after my first drive with them (photo). Probably not related.
You have untinted glass on your car on the sides it will still heat up the car. First solution I recommend is black out tint sided, winshield and roof then add these shades.
IMG_9411.png

I like it. Passengers can still see thru outside. It looks elegant, matches the windows mesh and rear window mesh. Very uniform OEM. It comes with storage bag and zipper that you can easily store in frunk.

F3CAF568-7610-455A-957B-C1251D1F9921.jpeg
FD564E2D-650A-43BE-A647-8E1A8C85BE1E.jpeg

4743C905-8662-4AE4-BAB5-2F40F2191E09.jpeg
D307AF5A-F676-4EAB-9FAF-7F00CDE610F8.jpeg

I like it. Passengers can still see thru outside. It looks elegant, matches the windows mesh and rear window mesh. Very uniform OEM. It comes with storage bag and zipper that you can easily store in frunk.

Nice, pretty much identical material to what I had in my Model S. I prefer the mesh as it is not as dark but does shield you from the sun. I wonder if Service Centers have inventory. I need to go there (Costa Mesa) this week for seat homing procedure. If they don't have it, I guess I'll order.

View attachment 13840View attachment 13842
View attachment 13845View attachment 13843
I second this. Really good stuff. Wish it was actually bright and sunny outside today so I could saee how it works. But at the very least, the heat doesn't radiate through it too much

Nice, pretty much identical material to what I had in my Model S. I prefer the mesh as it is not as dark but does shield you from the sun. I wonder if Service Centers have inventory. I need to go there (Costa Mesa) this week for seat homing procedure. If they don't have it, I guess I'll order.

I’ll save you the trouble. I attempted to buy floormats at the Costa Mesa CA service centre. I was told that they don’t sell items like that at service centre locations - even though just across the lobby were several Lucid branded tchotkis like t-shirts, jackrets, baseball hats, notebooks, water bottles, etc, etc. I know they sold those right there and then because I bought a Lucid writing journal while waiting for my car. I believe you’re better off buying items like the sunshades online.

Ordered now, as soon as I get them I will post about it. My car interior heats up to 160 degrees. I had everything tinted but it still is hot.
I got them today. The material is similar to the side door sunscreen mesh, if not the exact same. Easy to install and I think I will really like them. The rear screen sags in the middle so you lose a little headroom but should not be an issue. Also, I only used 4 clips in the back and may need to add more if the shade pops out. I am going to try it with the 4 clips first. The front should not be an issue as the visors help hold the shades up. Overall I like them and a lot better looking than any after market product.

Now all I need is a front window sunshade that I can put up when I am parked.

Has anyone found a nice aftermarket high quality front window sunscreen?

I second this. Really good stuff. Wish it was actually bright and sunny outside today so I could saee how it works. But at the very least, the heat doesn't radiate through it too much
Im third, I really like them and will be great for 4 months out of the year during the hot AZ summers.

Back