Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
Figured this needed it’s own thread. Looking forward to a user review before purchasing.

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1085.jpeg

Very interesting. Smart of them to offer this themselves, rather than leaving it solely to third parties.

Yes, but 3rd party would likely be less than $170
Sure, but not necessarily as well designed or executed. Good to have more options.

Any idea how they are mounted? The description references 20 clips, but the picture looks clean. Wonder how "easy" they are to install and remove...

Ordered now, as soon as I get them I will post about it. My car interior heats up to 160 degrees. I had everything tinted but it still is hot.
I’ve tinted, PPF’d, and use my old Mercedes windshield cover, but if parked under the hot Florida sun, why wouldn’t I want these? Anxious to know your opinion. 😊

I had something similar in my old Model 3. It was nice to have in the summer. It folded up to fit in the trunk the rest of the year.

I would also be interested specifically for the summer months. I'm hoping it's easy enough to install and remove to just put up while parking for long periods. Generally speaking, I love having the view of the glass. I only run into issues with the Colorado sun when I park outdoors, which is only rarely, anyway.

I would also be interested specifically for the summer months. I'm hoping it's easy enough to install and remove to just put up while parking for long periods. Generally speaking, I love having the view of the glass. I only run into issues with the Colorado sun when I park outdoors, which is only rarely, anyway.
I'd say that you could keep the rear installed all the time and remove the fronts only, unless you sit in the back and gaze upwards often! There look like there are clips that insert between the glass and headliner that affix to the shade. I'm interested in detailed feedback from those that have ordered too.

I'd say that you could keep the rear installed all the time and remove the fronts only, unless you sit in the back and gaze upwards often! There look like there are clips that insert between the glass and headliner that affix to the shade. I'm interested in detailed feedback from those that have ordered too.
OMG, my thoughts exactly wen I was looking at these late last night. Twin sons of different mothers.
With a solo driver, no need for the back windows letting in sun.

They appear to use the same type of clip the Tuxmat uses, with a clip under the trim to hold the mat down. I checked the roof windows this morning in the Lucid and they are surrounded by thick molding holding the headliner that you can fit a clip under.

I just bought a set.

Back