Lucid Air Pure, Mobile Key FOB, Pixel 7 questions

plnj

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
I always drive with my mobile key (Pixel 7), FOB and wallet card with me. Last week the car started asking me for PIN every time I would try to put the car in drive. I replaced the FOB battery and the car stopped asking for PIN. So my questions are:

1. If you are only using mobile key, are you required to enter PIN every time?
2. Sometime it takes for ever to wake up the car from sleep. It has been suggested I should leave the Lucid app always open? Is there a way to do it in pixel 7?
3. How do you spray windshield fluid?

I have the car for over 6 months. I am very happy with it and this forum has been excellent source of information.

Thanks!

I always drive with my mobile key (Pixel 7), FOB and wallet card with me. Last week the car started asking me for PIN every time I would try to put the car in drive. I replaced the FOB battery and the car stopped asking for PIN. So my questions are:

2. Sometime it takes for ever to wake up the car from sleep. It has been suggested I should leave the Lucid app always open? Is there a way to do it in pixel 7?

I have the car for over 6 months. I am very happy with it and this forum has been excellent source of information.

Thanks!
There's no need to carry both the fob and the mobile key at the same time. In the past, some have reported that it seems to confuse the car. But always carry the key card as a backup for either.
If the mobile key or fob are working properly, there's no need to enter a PIN to drive. You need a PIN if you unlock the car with the phone app (not the phone's mobile key function) and get in to drive.
The car is woken from the app using an SMS text message. If the car won't wake, force-quit the app and try again.

Re: #3, press and hold the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to get the fluid to spray. Single quick press moves the wiper blades once without the spray.

One of the things I'm still getting used to it the digital delay on this car.
Everything takes much longer than mechanical switches.
You have to be patient...things will happen, Lucid just needs to think it over a bit.

Some day you'll be able to buy a car with Old School mechanical switches instead of a big I-Pad on the dash with layers upon layers of menus.
A push button radio with a proper tuner knob = to die for. Then we can go back to making adjustments without looking down at a screen for a few minutes trying to find a digital switch. We lost some instinctive beauty when we left mechanical behind...digital has not caught up to that. Some day in the future there might be an EV where you could look at the dash and within a minute know where every switch was, and then in a week find every one with your hand without taking eyes off the road.

I went with my dad to pick up his new 1959 VW Beatle. The dash looked like this, only this one had the premium package = a gas gauge.

Dad was cheap...his had no radio or gas gauge. You drove it until it sputtered, then moved a lever on the floor near your left foot and switched to the reserve tank. I am not making this up. No need for floor mats = no carpet. If you learned to drive on a VW you were ready for the snap oversteer of a Porsche, only in the beatle the rear wheel would fold under and roll the car like a pill bug, whilst in the Porsche you'd just go backwards into the woods at 90 mph.
1714704092769.jpeg

Oh, I forgot we were talking about starting the Lucid. In the VW you reached under the dash and pulled down three wires, twisted the black together and touched the red to activate the starter. Good to go. It was exactly as easy as you see in old movies. no need for a key. Yet, the car was so air tight it would float. The joke was that if Ted Kennedy had driven a VW he'd have been president.
1714705688813.jpeg

Thanks!
For #2 if you long press the Lucid app, choose app info. Make sure pause app activity if unused is off and that allow nearby devices and allow background usage(under app battery usage) are both on. I have the 7 pro and while the car doesn't always pick up the phonekey immediately it usual will within a couple of seconds. I have noticed that unlocking the phone when near the car seems to help

Also opening the app 1 minute before you approach the car results in faster unlock though it really is a function of Bluetooth.

Back