Lucid Air Pricing Revealed

Interesting. Tesla uses the same width tires (245mm) whether with 19" or 21" wheels, and its EPA rating does not change with wheel diameter.

The Lucid that was tested at Windshear wore 245mm tires on 19" aero wheels. The 21" wheels we've seen on recent Dream Edition pictures are also aero wheels. Unless Lucid uses a wider tire on the 21" wheel, the difference between 503 and 517 miles would seem to relate to something else.

The overall diameter of the 19" and 21" wheels is the same. I would not expect any difference in the EPA rating.

I would think that the difference between the 503 and 517 miles might have something to do with included equipment draw or weight difference?

You tell me - Is this a pic of the electrochromic glass canopy or is it just shading / light conditions?

Due to the precision of the transition, I don't think this is a photographic artifact. However, I have no idea whether that's due to electrochromic dimming or they just have had to add a dark tint to deal with sun in a static canopy. Since you can still discern the center spline in the canopy, if this is electrochromic glass, it either does not go fully dark or is not set to full dimming. From the inside of the car, you would see a lot of light coming through that tinted area.

I have a feeling that, for purposes of this photograph, they would have wanted to emphasize the airiness of the cabin and would not have darkened the canopy that much if they could have avoided it.

However, there is something else new in this picture. The "wings" that came off the center spine in the alpha cars are gone, exposing even more of the glass. (I actually thought those wings were kind of cool.)

Last edited:
.However, there is something else new in this picture. The "wings" that came off the center spine in the alpha cars are gone, exposing even more of the glass.

The sun visors appear here in the same Barrons article with the new floating driver display. May just be folded back in the exterior shot? Also, no appearance of any shading or tinting. Now, I'm curious about whether they installed Electrochromic glass canopy (possibly as an option)?
1599679028476.png

Last edited:
Hmmm . . . this is really interesting. In this photo you don't see the transition line from clear to tint where it shows in the prior photo you posted. So maybe this glass does have variable tint. Wouldn't that be great!?

There are a lot of interiors modifications here over what we've been seeing, almost all of which I like. (I still miss the "wings" off the rearview mirror, though.) I particularly like the way they've wrapped the fabric over the upper dash. Earlier it looked as it someone tossed an area rug over it.

I wonder where those visors store?

Hmmm . . . this is really interesting. In this photo you don't see the transition line from clear to tint where it shows in the prior photo you posted. So maybe this glass does have variable tint. Wouldn't that be great!?

There are a lot of interiors modifications here over what we've been seeing, almost all of which I like. (I still miss the "wings" off the rearview mirror, though.) I particularly like the way they've wrapped the fabric over the upper dash. Earlier it looked as it someone tossed an area rug over it.

I wonder where those visors store?

Hmmm...The Barrons article, with pics of the burgundy / wine car, has been taken down. Guess we are all overly anxious. :D

Last edited:
What did you think of the burgundy? Is it similar to the color the site administrator posted a couple of hours ago of the station wagon rendering?

What did you think of the burgundy? Is it similar to the color the site administrator posted a couple of hours ago of the station wagon rendering?

We like it but, like you, would really love to receive actual color chips. Our neighbor has a new Morgan in that same color and it is very distinctive. Could be the same color as the station wagon. I find it very hard to tell with all the variables involved.

I wonder if there would a few more color choices next year. I really like that dark purple/majestic blue metallic color in some of the past pictures but it’s not one of the color choices. :confused:

While I'm sure there are going to be more color choices down the line, I think the Dream Edition is a one-shot deal with only those three colors. My sales rep told me some time ago that there would only be the three colors for the Dream, and tonight's reveal bore that out. It's a shame. None of them would be my choice over a dark gray or some of the soft blues I've seen in photos. But here we are . . . .

Back