Lucid Air Pricing Revealed

arun

Lucid Air Dream - $161,500 after Federal Tax Rebates
Lucid Air Grand Touring - $131,000 after Federal Tax Rebates
Lucid Air Touring - $100,000 after Federal Tax Rebates
Lucid Air ??? - <$80,000

I'd like to know which of those configurations has the most range and most luxury/features? Just one day to go to find out, I guess.

And obviously these prices do not include Options. It will be interesting to see if the Option list is like a Porsche Taycan with an extra $20-30k to properly Option the Car from the base or will it be $5-15k ?

Lucid has said that the Dream Edition will be "well-optioned", whatever that means. I suspect there won't be a lot of add-ons available to up its price any further. Rawlinson said in an interview at the Sonoma Raceway a couple of weeks ago that the tri-motor car will not be available until "later in 2021", and Eric Bach (VP of Hardware Engineering) has said the Executive Rear Seating will only be available in a later version aimed more at the Asian market.

My guess is that the lower-tier cars will be the ones where a lot of option choices come into play. But it's just a guess until tomorrow night arrives . . . and maybe for a while afterward for all but Dream Edition buyers.

My sales rep called this evening to alert me to an alternative way to log into the reveal as she knew I was doing it away from home. She said that the new website will go live a bit ahead of the reveal.

Lucid has said that the Dream Edition will be "well-optioned", whatever that means. I suspect there won't be a lot of add-ons available to up its price any further. Rawlinson said in an interview at the Sonoma Raceway a couple of weeks ago that the tri-motor car will not be available until "later in 2021", and Eric Bach (VP of Hardware Engineering) has said the Executive Rear Seating will only be available in a later version aimed more at the Asian market.

My guess is that the lower-tier cars will be the ones where a lot of option choices come into play. But it's just a guess until tomorrow night arrives . . . and maybe for a while afterward for all but Dream Edition buyers.
Wow, so, potentially 2 models, and 5 different variants in 2021?

I think they either need to clarify the tri-motor part, or walk back that it’s a 2021 car. If they give the impression it’s fairly imminent, but no details, it’s in my nature towait. If they say it’s $X price and with Y 0-60 and Z for range, I’m more likely to decide.

I'm wondering if the Performance version will have differences other than just the third motor. In video clips, we've already seen that it has a more prominent rear spoiler. Might it scrap the glass canopy in favor of a considerably lighter metal roof? Would it also have stiffer suspension? More laterally bolstered seats? Lighter-weight but less-aerodynamic wheels? Wider rear tires and wider fender bulges to accommodate them?

Without wider rear tires, I can't imagine you'd capture much additional acceleration at launch. The dual-motor car has almost 6,000 lb ft of torque, so traction control is certainly rapidly modulating power cutbacks during its launch. At under 10 seconds in the quarter mile, you're in territory where small increments of additional speed will require major adjustments in factors other than just raw power.

Wow, so, potentially 2 models, and 5 different variants in 2021?

I think they either need to clarify the tri-motor part, or walk back that it’s a 2021 car. If they give the impression it’s fairly imminent, but no details, it’s in my nature towait. If they say it’s $X price and with Y 0-60 and Z for range, I’m more likely to decide.

I'm wondering if the Performance version will have differences other than just the third motor. In video clips, we've already seen that it has a more prominent rear spoiler. Might it scrap the glass canopy in favor of a considerably lighter metal roof? Would it also have stiffer suspension? More laterally bolstered seats? Lighter-weight but less-aerodynamic wheels? Wider rear tires and wider fender bulges to accommodate them?

Without wider rear tires, I can't imagine you'd capture much additional acceleration at launch. The dual-motor car has almost 6,000 lb ft of torque, so traction control is certainly rapidly modulating power cutbacks during its launch. At under 10 seconds in the quarter mile, you're in territory where small increments of additional speed will require major adjustments in factors other than just raw power.

I believe that Rawlinson may have gotten ahead of himself when he told Alex Guberman that the "ultra performance" version would be available "later in 2021." We have a little time before having to commit to the Dream "performance" version. Hopefully, we will have an answer on the timing of the "ultra performance" version by then.

I believe that Rawlinson may have gotten ahead of himself when he told Alex Guberman that the "ultra performance" version would be available "later in 2021." We have a little time before having to commit to the Dream "performance" version. Hopefully, we will have an answer on the timing of the "ultra performance" version by then.
Sadly, I agree. I hope for clarification, but anticipate a walk-back on the timing. There’s not much incentive for Lucid confirm the timing or specs out on the tri-motor tonight, other than saying it’ll be great, but not available for awhile

Sadly, I agree. I hope for clarification, but anticipate a walk-back on the timing. There’s not much incentive for Lucid confirm the timing or specs out on the tri-motor tonight, other than saying it’ll be great, but not available for awhile

That is my understanding. I believe the timing of the "ultra" performance version depends on the ultimate demand for the Dream edition. Expectations for the Dream edition are high!

I am currently planning to proceed with my Dream edition order unless I receive a firm availability date for the "ultra" performance version prior to having to make the final commitment. I can always subsequently trade in the Dream edition when the "ultra" performance version is launched.

Last edited:
A few more specifics on versions, pricing and timing just released by "Electrek." Here is the link to the full article: https://electrek.co/2020/09/09/lucid-air-price-range-electric-car/

"Lucid has confirmed the price range of its Air electric sedan ahead of the full unveiling today.

It will cost between $80,000 and $169,000 before incentives, depending on the configuration.

The unveiling is set for 4 p.m. Pacific time and there’s a lot of information and the final production design that it is going to be unveiled at the event.

Considering Lucid has already released a lot of specs of the new electric sedan, the price is one of the most anticipated details to be released.

Bloomberg has apparently broke the embargo on the pricing, and since the information is now being spread, here is the actual pricing for the different options of the Lucid Air:

• The Air, the starting point for the lineup, available in 2022 and starting below $80,000 ($72,500 after federal tax credit)
  • The well-equipped Air Touring model, available late 2021, from $95,000 ($87,500 after federal tax credit)
  • The fully equipped Air Grand Touring, available mid 2021, from $139,000 ($131,500 after federal tax credit)
  • The all-inclusive, limited-volume Air Dream Edition, available spring 2021, at $169,000 ($161,500 after federal tax credit)
A third-party test showed the EPA range of the luxury sedan at 517 miles on a single charge.

The company previously said that it was the Grand Touring version of the Air that achieved that range, which we now know starts at $139,000 before incentives.

HIGHLIGHT: But the Air Dream Edition is going to be the first to be delivered. With its higher performance, this version is not expected to achieve the same range, but we are going to have to wait for the launch for the details.

The Lucid Air is drawing a lot of comparisons to the Tesla Model S, which has a price range of $75,000 to $111,500, fully equipped.

Stay tuned for more information and the look at the final production version of the Lucid Air on Electrek later today.

You’re reading Electrek— experts who break news about Tesla, electric vehicles, and green energy, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow Electrek on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our YouTube channel for the latest reviews."

Last edited:
So, is the Dream Edition going to have three motors and/or the smaller battery pack to get the rear footwell recesses?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . and are driving themselves crazy in the meantime.

P.S. I'm also curious about what the difference is between "fully equipped" and "all-inclusive"?

So, is the Dream Edition going to have three motors and/or the smaller battery pack to get the rear footwell recesses?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . and are driving themselves crazy in the meantime.

So this is my understanding.....Dream Edition (Performance version) has two motors. "Ultra" Performance version will have Tri-Motor. Estimated EPA range of 517 miles was set with Grand Touring version. The 9.912 sec 1/4 mile was set with Dream Edition.

Think back to the comments made by journalists during their range test rides. And, then about their experiences riding in two different cars during lunch time.

Last edited:
It's interesting that there is no Performance version listed in this rollout schedule which extends into 2022, considering that Rawlinson himself said it would roll out "later in 2021".

The biggest price jump by far ($44,000) occurs between the Air Touring and Air Grand Touring. That suggests to me that a larger battery pack as well, perhaps, as an additional motor is coming into play there. But, if an additional motor is involved, is it an increase from one motor to two, or two motors to three?

If the base car has a single motor and the Dream Edition has dual motors, there seems to be nowhere to place the third motor in the lineup we're seeing into 2022.

I agree there's a third motor lurking in the lineup somewhere. But I can't figure out where it is unless, for some reason, Lucid chose to leave a time for its introduction out of the model lineup over the next 18 months.

Last edited:
I agree there's a third motor lurking in the lineup somewhere. But I can't figure out where it is unless, for some reason, Lucid chose to leave a time for its introduction out of the model lineup over the next 18 months.

Pure speculation on my part - I wonder if the Ultra Performance Tri-Motor version is being held as a response to the launch of the Plaid??? That may explain why the timing is fuzzy???

P.S. I'm also curious about what the difference is between "fully equipped" and "all-inclusive"?

Don't know the difference. My understanding is that there will be options offered, including for the Dream edition.

Pure speculation on my part - I wonder if the Ultra Performance Tri-Motor version is being held as a response to the launch of the Plaid??? That may explain why the timing is fuzzy???

May well be.

Just read an article by Barrons which said the Dream edition would have a range of 503 miles (with 19" wheels) and the Grand Touring edition 517 miles. Top speed limited to 168mph - that's a bummer! Difference in range appears to be negligible if true.

Also, has a pic of the production interior with the new floating 34" driver display.

Here is the link: https://www.barrons.com/articles/th...y-electric-sedan-to-take-on-tesla-01599670018

Last edited:
Interesting. Tesla uses the same width tires (245mm) whether with 19" or 21" wheels, and its EPA rating does not change with wheel diameter.

The Lucid that was tested at Windshear wore 245mm tires on 19" aero wheels. The 21" wheels we've seen on recent Dream Edition pictures are also aero wheels. Unless Lucid uses a wider tire on the 21" wheel, the difference between 503 and 517 miles would seem to relate to something else.

You tell me - Is this a pic of the electrochromic glass canopy or is it just shading / tinting / light conditions?

1599678170687.png

Last edited:
Back