Lucid Air GT cross country trip LIVE

And yes, after I checked in, got into room and got out of shower, I went to check app for odometer and GPS, no joy ride confirm before I went to bed.

I check to see if the valet plugged car up as requested. Last time it was abysmal 3kW

I check to see if the valet plugged car up as requested. Last time it was abysmal 3kW
I normally stay at Holidays Inn Express, but given this car is so rare, I didn’t just want to park at any parking lot. So I went to prestigious hotel in downtown and hoped staff can safeguard her. I was also afraid they don’t know how to charge and mess up my GT, so I didn’t bother to request valet to charge. I saw Greater Dallas has 4 EA stations, so I thought I was safe place in fast charging.

I normally stay at Holidays Inn Express, but given this car is so rare, I didn’t just want to park at any parking lot. So I went to prestigious hotel in downtown and hoped staff can safeguard her. I was also afraid they don’t know how to charge and mess up my GT, so I didn’t bother to request valet to charge. I saw Greater Dallas has 4 EA stations, so I thought I was safe place in fast charging.

Nothing beats getting up on a road trip at 100% and being able to just go. DC fast charging slows down so much once you hit about 85-90%. Now I will trade for a DC fast charger next to some good breakfast!

WOW! Look what happened to the road we drove to get to Stovepipe Wells!!!

This commentary is so funny. You mean you actually drove thru Death Valley with Air?

anyone else took theirs to Death Valley? i was thinking about going from Vegas to Death Valley and back on a full charge. were you able to charge in the park @dawktah LucidGT when you visited? i couldn't find public chargers on Plugshare.

here's my rough math:
Plugshare shows 113mi from Vegas to Death valley NP. let's round it up to 130 miles.
Round trip would be 260miles.
19" with no aero covers should give me 500miles.
Let's give 30% to Pachamama and that leaves me with 350miles.
I should have 90miles leftover.

You might want to try planning it on the car's nav and on a better route planner. My guess it that you'll come up short of making the round-trip based on comments from others on this forum.

anyone else took theirs to Death Valley? i was thinking about going from Vegas to Death Valley and back on a full charge. were you able to charge in the park @dawktah LucidGT when you visited? i couldn't find public chargers on Plugshare.

here's my rough math:
Plugshare shows 113mi from Vegas to Death valley NP. let's round it up to 130 miles.
Try ABetterRoutePlanner.com also available on the App Store

Try ABetterRoutePlanner.com also available on the App Store
Love it, just be aware that there are LOTS of config knobs to describe your car & desired drive (w/mi, SOC at start, SOC arriving at chargers, SOC at end, networks preferred, lots of short charges/few long charges/shortest trip time, etc, etc, ect). We used it a lot in our first 3 weeks of driving (2 trips with lots of unknowns, etc).

here's my rough math:
Just can not imagine your planned round trip causes any range anxiety in the least. What is your current M/KW to date?
After 15,540 mikes on my 3&1/2 month old GT, I would not give a second thought.
Second day of ownership my wife and I did 410 mile round trip.

Just can not imagine your planned round trip causes any range anxiety in the least. What is your current M/KW to date?
After 15,540 mikes on my 3&1/2 month old GT, I would not give a second thought.
Second day of ownership my wife and I did 410 mile round trip.
i have a 21" right now and averages 3.1mi/kwh.

here's my rough math:

They have 14-50 outlets at RV park at Stovepipe Wells. Worked perfectly! Full charge overnight

here's my rough math:
update: we were able to go to Death valley NP and back to Vegas in one charge with plenty of miles to spare. i charged it up to 87% (showed 412miles) and when we got back we had 110 miles left. the elevation changes and high regen really helps.

also, we did a trip to Grand Canyon (West side) and back to Vegas on 80% charge. there too, the elevation changes helped quite a bit.

This is the first time i'm charging over 80% and they are not wrong when they said the charging rate slows down after 80%. it was a struggle to reach 87%.

Back