LUCID AIR Crash WASATCH COUNTY, Utah

zkhan2

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
That burnt out mess is the lucid? Tbh, the Yukon doesn't look as bad as I thought coming out of a 120mph crash. Thermal runaway?

That burnt out mess is the lucid? Tbh, the Yukon doesn't look as bad as I thought coming out of a 120mph crash. Thermal runaway?
Let’s not assume anything at this point.

For sure. The 120 number was pulled from a random witness statement, i definitely have no idea what the speed was at impact. Just surprised by the difference in pictures. Also looked at the reporter's feed and it looks like UT Highway patrol explainedwwhat happened during the accident.

Yes, that is the Lucid. The second vehicle, the Yukon, went over the ridge (not the one shown).

This news cast offers better clarity from the State Trooper.

Yes, that is the Lucid. The second vehicle, the Yukon, went over the ridge (not the one shown).

This news cast offers better clarity from the State Trooper.

Crazy. I was hoping the Yukon passenger made it (but I looked at the wrong image).

Becareful out there, no way to out engineer physics.

They say that Lucid was the one which caused the crash.

They say that Lucid was the one which caused the crash.
Yes, driving at a high rate of speed and went into a curve which put the car in the opposite lane and the Lucid plowed under the Yukon. The Yukon went in the air and flipped off the road. In the video you can see the trail of debris from the Lucid, noticeable by its rims. You can see the passenger side rear wheel of the Yukon sticking out over the ridge.

Bobby, I love your videos. Maybe it's time to make a video, after a poll, on safety, driving limits, etc. on car safety. For example, I for one, if you recall, made the incorrect assumption that the dream drive (in its current state) will stop if it comes upon a stopped car like Tesla would.

Bobby, I love your videos. Maybe it's time to make a video, after a poll, on safety, driving limits, etc. on car safety. For example, I for one, if you recall, made the incorrect assumption that the dream drive (in its current state) will stop if it comes upon a stopped car like Tesla would.
Technically, it would with AEB however that would be very abrupt.

Yes, driving at a high rate of speed and went into a curve which put the car in the opposite lane and the Lucid plowed under the Yukon. The Yukon went in the air and flipped off the road. In the video you can see the trail of debris from the Lucid, noticeable by its rims. You can see the passenger side rear wheel of the Yukon sticking out over the ridge.
Maybe the driver took the lucid's cornering a bit too far. Was the car new?

Oh man ... feel bad for everyone involved families. The Lucid's performance, even in its lowest trim, is near an ICE supercar. It takes a tremendous amount of skill to handle the vehicle's capabilities at its max. Not saying that this was teen involved, but Lucid should add a Teen Driver type feature so you can dial back the vehicle when someone young or inexperienced is behind the wheel.

Oh man ... feel bad for everyone involved families. The Lucid's performance, even in its lowest trim, is near an ICE supercar. It takes a tremendous amount of skill to handle the vehicle's capabilities at its max. Not saying that this was teen involved, but Lucid should add a Teen Driver type feature so you can dial back the vehicle when someone young or inexperienced is behind the wheel.
Believe that was on the features poll. I agree with the fact that overmatching a car to a driver is dangerous.

This is terrible. I hope we don’t know anyone involved.

Technically, it would with AEB however that would be very abrupt.
That would be correct in an emergency, I am more talking about the car able to see/sense objects, traffic lights from a distance and start to decelerate gradually. My experience, the AEB is too sensitive in parking situations and stops really hard.

Very unfortunate accident.

Why are we taking about it?
Because of the Lucid being involved?
Accidents like these are occurring every hour every day.
Bad judgements/young age/old age/stupidity/texting?
Maybe that's why it's happening?

Regardless, RIP all involved.

Yes, b/c it involves Lucid. More importantly, if one person thinks twice before laying down a lot of speed on a public road, then maybe this post has done its job.

I'd have to disagree. Accidents happen every hour of every day. But not ones like this. In the San Diego area, I can only think of a few in the last decade where fast wrong way drivers caused fatalities and shut down the freeway for hours. This one is making me relive my Lucid accident of two months ago, which ended with reasonable damage, but so easily could have ended up more like this. Too much speed in the wrong places is never a good thing.

I’m in the “why are we talking about this camp”. I think most of us understand the perils of driving too fast and the wrong way. I don’t think that the car that was being driven has much to do with anything.

Back