Lucid’s service and battery issues

Obviously the biggest challenge in places like Hawaii and Alaska will be the logistics of shipping the car to a service center if needed.

Do they not have a mobile service in Hawaii, especially on Hawaii or Maui?

Hawaii seems like a dream for EVs. Maximum range, short travel, lots of sun, etc.

I rely on mobile service in my location and so far , with one minor hiccup, they have been pretty accommodating .

If they do guarantee mobile service you may want to reconsider, but I can certainly understand your concern
Oddly, even Tesla has few superchargers on any of the islands. I wanted to rent a Tesla the last two times I visited Maui and Kauai, and it just wasn’t practical at all from a charging standpoint.

I agree, the climate and short distances would be ideal. But the infrastructure is lacking.

Obviously the biggest challenge in places like Hawaii and Alaska will be the logistics of shipping the car to a service center if needed.

Do they not have a mobile service in Hawaii, especially on Hawaii or Maui?

Hawaii seems like a dream for EVs. Maximum range, short travel, lots of sun, etc.

I rely on mobile service in my location and so far , with one minor hiccup, they have been pretty accommodating .

If they do guarantee mobile service you may want to reconsider, but I can certainly understand your concern
Well, if I were the marketing director at Lucid, I suspect that I would have wanted to place a reasonably-good service center in Hawaii because of it green energy, solar PV production, limited driving distances and wealthy consumer base. Sales would definitely be good here, as MB, BMW and Tesla have already discovered. But I certainly would not do so in upside-down Alaska, with its high-carbon energy, lack of sun for PV production, massive driving distances and relatively poor consumer base. Not to mention the effect of COLD on batteries. But with no Lucid service here in Hawaii, I cannot imagine paying the $4,000 round trip for shipping to CA or WA for service. And as regards to your specific question, my repeated inquires about some minimum level of service here have received repeated negative replies.

I’m about to receive a vehicle in NJ, based on what you and others have said I am seriously thinking of cancelling. This is getting a bit scary
Did you wind up ordering and if so, what has been your experience with service if you needed it?

Back