Love the car, but it needs to get out of bed quicker

Nogasjustcords

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
First, we love our car, as do all the people that see it, but sadly, I do have one major complaint. Almost without fail, it takes way too long to respond, wake up, and open the doors with the key fob or phone. It's a bit frustrating when it's pouring down rain and you have to wait for your car to let you in. We currently have a 2015 S, a 2019 X, and while there are times when the software or apps are slow to load, but I can't recall it ever taking 20 to 30 seconds to come to life and actually let me in the car. My Tesla X snaps to and opens the door every time I just walk by it in the driveway, where I have to plead with the GT to do the same.

First, we love our car, as do all the people that see it, but sadly, I do have one major complaint. Almost without fail, it takes way too long to respond, wake up, and open the doors with the key fob or phone. It's a bit frustrating when it's pouring down rain and you have to wait for your car to let you in. We currently have a 2015 S, a 2019 X, and while there are times when the software or apps are slow to load, but I can't recall it ever taking 20 to 30 seconds to come to life and actually let me in the car. My Tesla X snaps to and opens the door every time I just walk by it in the driveway, where I have to plead with the GT to do the same.
Is it possible to set the system so the car doesn't lock each time you leave it? Or to leave the fob inside the car with the same result?. 99% of the time my cars end up in our garage every night with no need to be locked

I’ve gotten in the habit of opening the Lucid app on my phone when heading to car and never have a problem. It’s a workaround and I’m looking forward to when I don’t need to think about it but it’s not a big deal. Takes 1 second.

See previous thread - agree it is much too long. Would be interesting to time the responsiveness & see if you're the same as my experience -

We have to live with it until Lucid fixes the software. My wife's AMG EQS comes on in just a few seconds so I assume that Lucid can fix it.

the side cameras turn on too slowly to be useful in a quick move. and the touch controls are slow to respond

Is it possible to set the system so the car doesn't lock each time you leave it? Or to leave the fob inside the car with the same result?. 99% of the time my cars end up in our garage every night with no need to be locked
I remember seeing the video of the AMG GT getting stolen that way. Not a good idea to leave the fob in the car or the car unlocked. If I walk up to the car with the fob in my pocket and it’s asleep, I just double tap the fob and door handles pop out every time, takes 4 seconds max, usually less.

the side cameras turn on too slowly to be useful in a quick move. and the touch controls are slow to respond
Ideally...you should be signaling well before you change lanes =P

I lost all cameras the other day. The side cameras were not as critical an issue as the loss of the rear camera when backing up. Thankfully they came back on line with a long sleep and restart.

Back