Lotus Evija prototype crashes

Oops. Fortunately all that was lost was ego, and some money.

My bet? This had nothing at all to do with the driver and was entirely a software issue. I am, of course, pulling that completely out of my ass, but my bet is that at that insane level of torque, somehow the power to the individual motors got incorrectly directed and/or was out of sync, causing the rubber to spin out.

Purely just a guess

My bet? This had nothing at all to do with the driver and was entirely a software issue. I am, of course, pulling that completely out of my ass, but my bet is that at that insane level of torque, somehow the power to the individual motors got incorrectly directed and/or was out of sync, causing the rubber to spin out.

Purely just a guess
It seems as if a motor locked for a split second, as you said. With almost 2000 HP, almost anything can happen... and even the smallest issue can lead to dire consequences.

Purely just a guess
Oh I was joking.
Actually, I agree. The driver, entrusted with that car, must have driven it countless times. The software might have glitched this time. Tragically.

Purely just a guess

"Following a formal evaluation by both Goodwood and Lotus, asymmetric grip caused by overcorrection during rapid acceleration at the start line was determined to be the cause," Lotus told us in a statement earlier this week. "The driver was unharmed in the incident and there was minimal damage to the car."

Back