Losing my patience with Navigation

I had the navigation send me to the wrong location twice in the last 2 days. Both destinations ended up being further up the same street where the nav took me as the end point. The first location I sent to my nav via Google maps using the share feature on my phone and selecting the lucid app to share the location of my destination. Then when my Lucid map said I arrived and I couldn't find the bank I was navigating to, I opened Google maps and it was 0.5 miles further down the road. The second was when I searched a restaurant using the Lucid nav itself and it took me to the wrong shopping center. Again less than a mile from the correct destination. Very odd.
This just happened today. I shared an address from google maps with the Lucid app and it sent me a few blocks from the cul de sac where the actual address was. I had to use google maps to find the real address.
I reported it to customer care via phone and they talked me through resetting the profiles in my car. They think that may help the nav app be more accurate.

They also told me to report specific nav issues as soon as they happen via the app. Go to the upper left corner, select customer care and it’ll give you the option to text them directly.

I’m hoping it’ll help them resolve this issue.

I reported it to customer care via phone and they talked me through resetting the profiles in my car. They think that may help the nav app be more accurate.

They also told me to report specific nav issues as soon as they happen via the app. Go to the upper left corner, select customer care and it’ll give you the option to text them directly.

I’m hoping it’ll help them resolve this issue.
Curious what changes they did for your profile setting.

Navigation has been fine for me in the Phoenix area, taking me on the same routes as Apple Maps or Google Maps would.

That said, I'm fully invested in the Apple ecosystem and eagerly looking forward to CarPlay. In fact, I've been holding off planning my first roadtrip, hoping it gets rolled out soon. If I had a good way to mount my iPhone, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but I can't find anywhere to mount using my Belkin MagSafe Car Vent mount. It just doesn't fit in the vents. I tried the WeatherTech cupholder mount, but wasn't a big fan.
I designed a mount that fits a MagSafe compatible puck charger right where the current charger is. If you have a 3d printer or know anyone who does they can make it for you.

for any sized phone:

You mean you want Lucid to make AA/Car Play a high priority right now if they have to prioritize what to do in software and do this instead of any bug fixes?
I actually dont really care for CarPlay but just want Lucid to fix the present navigation. I would prefer Lucid fix what is important right now vs adding more features with more bugs.

I actually dont really care for CarPlay but just want Lucid to fix the present navigation. I would prefer Lucid fix what is important right now vs adding more features with more bugs.
Yes. Fixing what is not working is more important than adding any new features. We have phones for backup navigation luckily.

I used Garmin for years and switched over to googje maps.

No need to update the maps which required connecting to computer with USB. Wifi came later. The game changer was google maps on the phone offline navigation when we do not have a signal. Garmin then wanted a subscription for real time traffic and with Google it was free and using the browser on a pc and send it to the phone or email the route and click was so convenient. Garmin had a nice feature to optimize the route if we had multiple points in the route. Google maps wanted you to do that manually but it can be done. Adding stops is a pain in lucid.

However google maps needs to be integrated into the car to really know what the ev status is and accept data from the sensors and cameras and use the car pool lane. In LA particularly and in DC if you are in the car pool lane you should know when to exit to take a local exit not allowed in the car pool lane. Lucid can read the traffic signs and Google maps should use that info to navigate in the car pool lane.

Just supporting Android auto and carplay does not add value in the EV. It is just a backup option.

I used Garmin for years and switched over to googje maps.

No need to update the maps which required connecting to computer with USB. Wifi came later. The game changer was google maps on the phone offline navigation when we do not have a signal. Garmin then wanted a subscription for real time traffic and with Google it was free and using the browser on a pc and send it to the phone or email the route and click was so convenient. Garmin had a nice feature to optimize the route if we had multiple points in the route. Google maps wanted you to do that manually but it can be done. Adding stops is a pain in lucid.

However google maps needs to be integrated into the car to really know what the ev status is and accept data from the sensors and cameras and use the car pool lane. In LA particularly and in DC if you are in the car pool lane you should know when to exit to take a local exit not allowed in the car pool lane. Lucid can read the traffic signs and Google maps should use that info to navigate in the car pool lane.

Just supporting Android auto and carplay does not add value in the EV. It is just a backup option.
Yeah, I would much rather have NAV through Android Auto. Maps are more up-to-date and it works better.

Yeah, I would much rather have NAV through Android Auto. Maps are more up-to-date and it works better.
I'd prefer native Google Maps on AAOS that's built into the car. It's identical to phone/PC Google Maps except that the Google Automotive Suite version adds EV-specific road trip/charge planning with very accurate SOC estimation.

You mean you want Lucid to make AA/Car Play a high priority right now if they have to prioritize what to do in software and do this instead of any bug fixes?
Sorry, I read it wrong thinking you wanted what was on our phones available on the car. No, I don’t want CarPlay/AA prioritized if it comes to the detriment of fixing bugs and adding features in the cars native system.

Sorry, I read it wrong thinking you wanted what was on our phones available on the car. No, I don’t want CarPlay/AA prioritized if it comes to the detriment of fixing bugs and adding features in the cars native system.
I guess we think the same.

Back