Looks like Brooks from Drag Times finally got his hands on a Sapphire....

Awesome !! Couple months back, He did a great piece drag racing the Lotus Eletre R vs the Lambo Urus Performante & a Aston Martin DBX 707. I just wonder what Peter & Co have up their sleeve for a hypercar trim level for the Gravity 🧐 ?

Glad to see he did it justice, especially since he has been a Plaid owner for years. He really seems to be very objective and unbiased in his assessments of many cars and their performance. Can't wait for the next video where he runs it against a plaid and a demon 170!

Glad to see he did it justice, especially since he has been a Plaid owner for years. He really seems to be very objective and unbiased in his assessments of many cars and their performance. Can't wait for the next video where he runs it against a plaid and a demon 170!
I apologise I cross posted. I got excitedly distracted LOL!

I'm not impressed with COPO's front end lift up.
Move Sapphire's battery pack to the trunk and it will do a back flip.

I watched the Drag Times video, which made me want to go drive my car. Went out on an empty stretch of road and ran the EXACT same 60-130 on a non-prepped surface. Once the temperature gets up toward 70 the car is remarkably consistent. To put it in further perspective, I also launched it to record a 0-100 time, briefly lifted but then thought "screw it" lets stay in it a little longer to get a 0-130. Ended up running a 9.4 1/4 mile @ 127mph without even intending to, even though I lifted off accelerator. The car is simply insane

I know Brooks from Lambo Power website .
Not knowing him personally, just online. Very down to earth humble guy and very direct.

That's good to hear. He seems like a very data driven person who truly just loves to "go fast" regardless of how. He always seems to cut through whatever brand biases that often show up in other testing/reviews of our cars *cough cough* EDUMUNDS *cough*

We were joking (on the Lambo site),
how he wouldn't eat a breakfast and fill the Lambo at the gas station just 1/4 of a tank to squeeze an every bit out of the car.
A quintessence of a true car guy.

He tried to get a Sapphire from Lucid a while back and was ignored. He posted a video about his experience and questioned why Lucid would not respond given his social media following. It was a dumb move on Lucid's part - would have brought a lot of exposure to the company and people who might then consider a Sapphire or lower trim.

I have to guess that people who care and can afford this car already know about it.
They might be pissed that they spent so much for a hyper car that can't keep up with this family sedan.

I have to guess that people who care and can afford this car already know about it.
They might be pissed that they spent so much for a hyper car that can't keep up with this family sedan.
Agreed the people who can afford a Sapphire know about it. It is the 19K views Brooks got in one day with the Sapphire short and the 13K views in the first 9 hours that he got with the 1/4 mile run that introduces the Lucid brand to people who never heard of the car and helps sell lower priced models of the Air. That's why car manufacturers build Halo models and give them to journalists to write about.

He did the solid job getting the performance numbers, kudos there
In terms of is he the right influencer for Lucid, to me that is a strong no
Isn't an IT guy at a kid's museum in real life?
When you read the comments for his videos, a lot of it is the Tesla Plaid rules the world because it gets huge performance for $70K for a used one
These viewers don't understand luxury products and my sense is, couldn't afford the Tesla they yap about
Back to the Sapphire, amazing how it hooks up from a stop and just rockets down the lane

I watched the Drag Times video, which made me want to go drive my car. Went out on an empty stretch of road and ran the EXACT same 60-130 on a non-prepped surface. Once the temperature gets up toward 70 the car is remarkably consistent. To put it in further perspective, I also launched it to record a 0-100 time, briefly lifted but then thought "screw it" lets stay in it a little longer to get a 0-130. Ended up running a 9.4 1/4 mile @ 127mph without even intending to, even though I lifted off accelerator. The car is simply insane

What was your 0-100MPH number? Do you have the Dragy slip because I'll show it to people* proving it'll do it on both prepped an non prepped surfaces.

The best I got for the 0-100 was 4.36. Attached are both the 0-100 and the 60-130 slips I recorded with the dragy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417_081839_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_081839_dragy.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240417_082023_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_082023_dragy.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 25
Back