Looking for consensus opinion on camera malalignment after 2.4.4

GratefulMed

Reaction score
Picked up a pure with dream drive premium three weeks ago. With original software version, cameras were aligned on the 360 view. With 2.4.4 update, midline front and rear cameras are no longer aligned with the other cameras. Looked through the many many pages of the 2.4.4 update Thread but I’m lost as to whether the consensus now is that this is a new software issue that will be fixed with future updates or if it implies an underlying true camera male alignment unmasked by the software update. Just wondering if I should seek a service visit or just wait for a future update? The malalignment is livable but a bit annoying. Hoping for some sort of consensus statement by one of the moderators or experts. Great site with so much useful information. Thanks in advance.

Picked up a pure with dream drive premium three weeks ago. With original software version, cameras were aligned on the 360 view. With 2.4.4 update, midline front and rear cameras are no longer aligned with the other cameras. Looked through the many many pages of the 2.4.4 update Thread but I’m lost as to whether the consensus now is that this is a new software issue that will be fixed with future updates or if it implies an underlying true camera male alignment unmasked by the software update. Just wondering if I should seek a service visit or just wait for a future update? The malalignment is livable but a bit annoying. Hoping for some sort of consensus statement by one of the moderators or experts. Great site with so much useful information. Thanks in advance.

Can you post the picture to show us what you are seeing?

Alternatively, did you try the reset? Steps can be found on lucidupdates.com

Can you post the picture to show us what you are seeing?

Alternatively, did you try the reset? Steps can be found on lucidupdates.com
I did a logo reset with no improvement.

On the 360 view, the midline front camera view is about 6 inches pushed back towards the car compared with the right and left front cameras when looking at a piece of sidewalk. The rear midline camera is slightly less malaligned but similar in appearance.

Did you try all of these mentioned in the website that I posted ?

There are many computer systems in the Lucid Air. Just like any computer, these systems sometimes require a reset. There are several different known resets.

•Sleep: This reset will occur when the car is locked. by simply walking away from the car for more than thirty minutes, it will go to sleep and when it next wakes up a reset will have occurred. You can disable proximity sensing of the Mobile Key or Fob by locking with the Key Card (see below for more information about locking and unlocking).

•Logo Reset: This is similar to restarting your computer. Go to Settings, About and look for the “Air” logo in the upper left of the Pilot Panel. Press on the center of the logo steadily for 15-20 seconds and you will see a “Powering off” message appear in the upper right panel. Release the button. Allow the car to reboot.

•“Bobby” Reset: This is most often used if the Pilot Panel is non-responsive but the upper screen is responding normally. Tap your profile picture in the upper left hand corner of the right dashboard screen and choose Guest Profile. After the Guest Profile loads, tap the button again and load your desired profile.

I did a logo reset with no improvement.

On the 360 view, the midline front camera view is about 6 inches pushed back towards the car compared with the right and left front cameras when looking at a piece of sidewalk. The rear midline camera is slightly less malaligned but similar in appearance.
Post a picture if you can; that would be super helpful. A logo reset would only reset infotainment. Try a “full” reset where you flip on a turn signal (or other indicator), lock the car, walk away, and wait until the indicator dies.

Otherwise, we do know that the latest update uncovered some latent hardware issues because it’s actually using all of the hardware in the car in tandem, so there may be a service visit in your future to replace a couple cameras if a reset doesn’t fix it. Luckily it’s just a one-time thing.

Post a picture if you can; that would be super helpful. A logo reset would only reset infotainment. Try a “full” reset where you flip on a turn signal (or other indicator), lock the car, walk away, and wait until the indicator dies.

Otherwise, we do know that the latest update uncovered some latent hardware issues because it’s actually using all of the hardware in the car in tandem, so there may be a service visit in your future to replace a couple cameras if a reset doesn’t fix it. Luckily it’s just a one-time thing.
I did the valet reset and the camera now is aligned but the visualization right in front of the car from the front camera is now shaded out. Difficult to see the curb. I’m posting pictures that show how a broom handle becomes invisible. Tried cleaning the cameras but no improvement. Did the full turn indicator reset with no improvement.

Attachments

• IMG_4739.webp
    IMG_4739.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,097
  • IMG_4738.webp
    IMG_4738.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,215
  • IMG_4740.webp
    IMG_4740.webp
    711.3 KB · Views: 44
Back