- Joined
- Jun 5, 2022
- Messages
- 876
- Reaction score
- 665
- Location
- New Jersey
- Cars
- AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
- Referral Code
- X1VWPQ1V
Planning a road trip from NJ to Ontario over Thanksgiving weekend in my Lucid Air Touring with the family, and looking for some real-world input from fellow owners.
I’ve put 25,000 completely trouble-free miles on the car so far, but I’ll admit—I’m still a bit reluctant when it comes to taking it on a longer trip, especially across borders and in colder weather.
I mapped out the route in ABRP, and it shows I’d need just two charging stops and would still arrive with around 50% SOC. That sounds a bit optimistic to me given it’s winter, plus we’ll have the added weight of one adult and two kids in the car. Not to mention the usual Thanksgiving traffic.
For those who’ve done long-distance winter trips in a Lucid Air:
Appreciate any recommendations or firsthand experiences!
I’ve put 25,000 completely trouble-free miles on the car so far, but I’ll admit—I’m still a bit reluctant when it comes to taking it on a longer trip, especially across borders and in colder weather.
I mapped out the route in ABRP, and it shows I’d need just two charging stops and would still arrive with around 50% SOC. That sounds a bit optimistic to me given it’s winter, plus we’ll have the added weight of one adult and two kids in the car. Not to mention the usual Thanksgiving traffic.
For those who’ve done long-distance winter trips in a Lucid Air:
- How comfortable were you with range predictions vs. real-world results?
- Would you recommend taking the Lucid for this drive?
- Any tips for winter efficiency or cross-border charging stops?
Appreciate any recommendations or firsthand experiences!