Longest Point-to-Point Road Trip?

PhotoEye

DE Number
What is the longest point-to-point (including roundtrip) road trip you have taken -- in miles and time? Would you do it again?

220 miles each way to Tahoe. I'm not going to road trip the Air again until problems with EA have been ironed out.

220 miles each way to Tahoe. I'm not going to road trip the Air again until problems with EA have been ironed out.
Ouch!

6,500 miles, Boston to Yellowstone and back, over 3 weeks. We averaged 300 mi/day, with both sightseeing and charging stops. No problems with the car. Only one failed EA charging attempt out of about 25 charges. We used A Better Route Planner, set to "more frequent shorter charging stops". When we had our one EA failure, we had enough charge to go to the next one 60 miles on.

6,500 miles, Boston to Yellowstone and back, over 3 weeks. We averaged 300 mi/day, with both sightseeing and charging stops. No problems with the car. Only one failed EA charging attempt out of about 25 charges. We used A Better Route Planner, set to "more frequent shorter charging stops". When we had our one EA failure, we had enough charge to go to the next one 60 miles on.
WOW! Don't think that will be beaten.

"more frequent shorter charging stops"
That's exactly what I am thinking as well for my road trip. Glad I made the right decision lol
This Friday -> Sunday I'll be on a 2500 mile road trip from Virginia to Utah

This Friday -> Sunday I'll be on a 2500 mile road trip from Virginia to Utah
If your goal is just to cover miles, stick to the major interstate highways and you should do fine. We purposely left the interstate a number of times, for scenery or a particular attraction (House on the Rock in Wisconson was amazing!). Some of those side trips challenged our ability to find chargers, as did our route across Wyoming. By planning ahead a little, you can overnight at a motel where there's a level 2 charger nearby to get 10 hours on that. We visited both of the EA chargers in South Dakota; some of those western states are difficult.

Oh Man! Please don't fail to use your AGT because of issues with EA. There are too many other options out there for minimal costs.

Oh Man! Please don't fail to use your AGT because of issues with EA. There are too many other options out there for minimal costs.
There are not a lot of charging options for the road trips I had planned before buying the Air: Eastern Sierra, Lassen/Shasta, Eastern Oregon, Wyoming, Dakotas. Some segments are unfeasible in any other EV.

I'm just trying to get home 🤣
Lucid nav takes me through the north, through Chicago

I do San Diego to Vancouver round trip not uncommonly which is only about 2800 miles. I do it in about 2 days, 12 hours at a time.

Wow. You’re a beast. The days of driving 14 to 16 hours at a time and late into the night are decades behind me. Good on you!

There are not a lot of charging options for the road trips I had planned before buying the Air: Eastern Sierra, Lassen/Shasta, Eastern Oregon, Wyoming, Dakotas. Some segments are unfeasible in any other EV.

I have to agree. Out here there are no DCFCs, other than EA, for literally hundreds of miles. Makes me a little nervous . Hopefully by next spring , when I plan on a longer trip, these issues will be sorted.

Wow. You’re a beast. The days of driving 14 to 16 hours at a time and late into the night are decades behind me. Good on you!
Haha thanks. Honestly, I'm constantly a bit surprised at how comfortable the drive is even chugging through the miles and hours in large chunks. That may be partly due to the enforced need for charging so you get a break every few hours or so. But mostly I think it's just due to how superbly comfortable the vehicle actually is. And that was all before highway assist. I just put back the stock carpets, have a cozy pair of socks on, take my shoes off, turn on some music and some periodic massage and the drive is sometimes downright enjoyable 🤷

Back