Longer Chargepoint cable

Dslee68

Verified Owner
I already have a Chargepoint installed for my PHEV and would like to use it for my (upcoming) Lucid. It's about 5-7' too short. Am I able to swap out the existing Chargepoint cable for a longer one, or is there any way to get that extra length short of getting another charger? I can't move the existing Chargepoint because there's a cabinet on the wall so there would be no place to move it closer to where I plan to park the car.

Why can’t you park the Lucid where you have been parking the PHEV before?

I'm keeping the PHEV. I'm hoping to use one charger for both cars. I'll charge the PHEV nightly and then charge my Lucid maybe once a week.

If you flip parking spaces between the Lucid and PHEV, can the cable reach the PHEV? The ChargePoint cable is long - already 25 feet, I believe. I don’t think I have seen anything longer.

We have 2 EVs and share one charger.

If you flip parking spaces between the Lucid and PHEV, can the cable reach the PHEV? The ChargePoint cable is long - already 25 feet, I believe. I don’t think I have seen anything longer.
Ihave a Juicebox charger that I got a couple years ago when I was parking my PHEV in the driveway with the charge port facing away from the house. I looked at cable lengths at the time. I didn't find anything longer than 27 feet.

We have 2 EVs and share one charger.
Wd did that for a while. Depends on where the charger is. If the charger is on the right and both cars plug in from the left, it might not work. It worked for us if the Lucid was parked next to the ChargePoint and the Leaf was on the left since the Leaf is plugged in at the front. Would not work if the cars were switched. So on the weekends we had to flip orientations after the Leaf finished so I could charge ”Airiana”. Now we have two chargers and Airiana is parked next to the Lucid home charger and the Leaf gets daily access to the ChargePoint.

I'm keeping the PHEV. I'm hoping to use one charger for both cars. I'll charge the PHEV nightly and then charge my Lucid maybe once a week.

If feasible, it's the Lucid I would keep plugged in. As long as you keep the charge limit set to 80% or less, it's better for the battery pack as it can use line power when the battery management system is running to keep the pack at optimal temperature.

Unfortunately since the charging ports of both cars are in the same place, the PHEV will run into the same problem if I swap parking spaces....

Back