Long Island Lucid Owners

Hi all. I could not make it to the LI Owners Event. Did anyone here go and how was it? I saw on Insta that there were 60 Airs in attendance which is very nice to hear.
It was very nice. I met the group at the Studio since I didn’t have time to meet up earlier. Met several people at the Studio, none of whom are on the forum which I found interesting. They had a Gravity prototype on display as well as some Air prototypes which was cool. Nice people, good food and a good time.

Hi all. I could not make it to the LI Owners Event. Did anyone here go and how was it? I saw on Insta that there were 60 Airs in attendance which is very nice to hear.
I made it to both halves. It was well organized with a good turnout. Peter wasn't able to make it but had intended to. The exec team members who were there did a great job and went out of their way to interact with the owners who were present.

Q&a session was good, but the chance to chat one on one with Zach, David and Erwin was even better. They were all generous with their time.

The manhassett studio team were great and very hospitable.

Dream #16 was there, the owners were great. The lucid team drew a lot of attention to them, too.

Good times, good people, and it was nice to get questions answered and share our appreciation for the brand. Lots of software releases planned with an increased pace.

I made it to both halves. It was well organized with a good turnout. Peter wasn't able to make it but had intended to. The exec team members who were there did a great job and went out of their way to interact with the owners who were present.

Q&a session was good, but the chance to chat one on one with Zach, David and Erwin was even better. They were all generous with their time.

Dream #16 was there, the owners were great. The lucid team drew a lot of attention to them, too.

Good times, good people, and it was nice to get questions answered and share our appreciation for the brand. Lots of software releases planned with an increased pace.
Any insights on specific features, Gravity, etc?

I sat in the Gravity prototype driver’s seat, but no real insights. With no need for a vehicle sized like the Gravity, it’s not on my radar, so admittedly I didn’t ask any probing questions. I did ask about the midsize and it was hinted that there could be 3 iterations coming off the midsize chassis. We could assume an SUV that might be an answer to the MY, a sedan that competes with the M3 and no idea what the third iteration could be.

Yes very well attended event. Lucid team did a great job hosting and here's me with vivianna and her autographed DREAMED license plate. Several of us represented NJ and a CT lucid for the rally to manhasset. My fourth rally - GO LUCID!

Attachments

• IMG_3778.webp
    IMG_3778.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,634
My wife sat in the Gravity...I sat in the Sapphire. Can't say that we have insight to specific features, but some general observations:
1. The Gravity looks and feels small on the outside and super spacious on the inside. The outside seems about the size of my wife's 2024 Lincoln Nautilus, which is their mid-sized 2-row SUV. The inside of the Gravity was very comfortable. I didn't sit in the third row but had the sense that an average-sized adult would be very comfortable there and there's still cargo space left behind the third row.
2. The screen layout is similar to the Air, with the pilot panel rotated to a landscape orientation that suits the interior of the Gravity. The way the screens float (are attached to) the dashboard and console looks and feels more refined. There was a lot of adjustability in the driver's seat, though still a little less height than my wife would like for her 4'-10" stature. Some of the taller customers trying it seemed to fit easily and the wide-opening rear doors are great for comfortable access to the back seats.
3. The online images of the Gravity don't give a great sense of proportion and lines. It's not just a taller Air. It retains a lot of the brand design character, but is really its own vehicle and nicely styled. We shopped a lot of SUV's this year (Mercedes, BMW, Tesla, Audi)) before settling on the Lincoln Nautilus Hybrid and there's an excellent chance we would have bought a Gravity if it was available at the time.

Yes very well attended event. Lucid team did a great job hosting and here's me with vivianna and her autographed DREAMED license plate. Several of us represented NJ and a CT lucid for the rally to manhasset. My fourth rally - GO LUCID!
Oh, that was you! I'm bummed I didn't say hello, I think I was standing next to you (near that same vehicle) at one point, possibly while you were speaking with Zach.

This is my recollection of conversations I had with staff at the event:

- New to me but an easter egg that has been around for a long time, double click the image of the car on the lower panel and it blacks out the screen (a 'digital detox'). Tap anywhere to turn it on again. Nice option instead of retracting the screen. I tested it and could swear it came back on by itself after a relatively short period of time
- New audio tune is coming (OTA) and significantly improves the subjective experience
- New phone app is coming, Zach was running the alternate version on his phone
- There was the expecting lamenting of the loss of Alexa. They are "all in" on the Lucid Assistant (LA) and urge owners to realize that the state of the 1st gen LA is not what it will be in the future. They intend to open up a lot more functionality, refinement and control of the vehicle.
- Current LA is cloud based for most of the processing, with limited local options if there is no mobile data connection. I wanted to broach the topic of in-car local agent hosting but there wasn't time.
- If it comes a time where certain software features can only be rolled out on newer versions of hardware, that's when they're more likely to seriously look at hardware upgrades for existing vehicles. They are careful to gauge the hardware requirements of any new software they're working on to determine what might be 'new Gravity/Air' vs for everyone, that was my takeaway at least.
- Spoke with David (gov affairs) about hands off driving for HA (level 3 was the reference he used when I described the feature set) and he said that testing was going well, however, the gov approval process is non-trivial and time consuming
- Speaking of approval, company line is AA will be released "before end of year." Less formally, simply to indicate where they were at, I suspect, he mentioned that the software was in approval stage with Google for distribution via the Google Play Store. So, in that regard, it's somewhat out of their hands (my take).
- A good reminder to me but probably not news to the OG owners, Smooth mode is fundamentally more efficient than Swift/Sprit, even if you command identical acceleration and speeds. This is because Smooth allows one of the motors to be de-energized completely, which is Swift and Sprint feel so much more responsive, the motors are ready to go. It's NOT just a different throttle response map, there is a physical difference that results in more efficiency for driving. This means if efficiency is important to you on long drives, use Smooth to the extent possible.
- I hounded Zach regarding fast charging vs charging at home. He said that even though they have high mileage test vehicles (1000 miles/day, currently at around 250K miles) that have been exclusively fast-charged, there is undeniable wear on the battery associated with DCFC rates that do not occur with slow charging, along with charging more than 80% (the latter was known to me, but I was hazy on fast charging). I said, "what would you do, given the choice between free DCFC or charging at home and paying for Level 2 at home?" and he said that if you're going to own the vehicle for a long time, it would be the latter without missing a beat. Again, not new information for many people, I'm sure, but I figured I'd share
- Auto park will NOT trash your wheels when parallel parking. Those issues are long gone
- Auto park is going to get additional upgrades. Right now it does not use the cameras at all, it only uses the ultrasonic sensors. That will change where it will incorporate visuals from the cameras to recognize lines, which means it'll let you auto park in spots without requiring them to be flanked by cars.
- I overheard someone requesting geo-fenced auto folding mirrors (useful for getting in/out of garage without having to dismiss the surround view screen and proactively fold them) with Zach. I voiced my support for it, too, having not wanted to pepper Zach too much at the time.
- Erwin is new to the company (7 weeks) but brings a lot of passion and experience. He's attending events to listen to owners to keep his fingers on the pulse and to ensure all the data is collected so they can prioritize feature dev. He appears to have a ton of integrity and passion for the space. I think he'll be a strong asset from them given his history in launching the Genesis line.

In terms of Gravity specifically, the prototype they showed didn't have everything worked out in terms of 3rd row headset adjustment, or the intended feature set for moving the 2nd seat to allow easy access to the third row. 2nd row was comfortable but not luxurious. I was somewhat rushed, though, I would absolutely take another look, given the chance. Sitting in driver seat, it is very different to Air between the steering wheel shape and height of the dash. I suspect the HUD hardware will open up some pretty incredible possibilities. Truthfully, I preferred the feel of Air, but that said, what they had on display was NOT final, they went to great lengths to point that out and were actually cautious about letting anyone sit up front for that reason.

Lastly, I thanked them for producing a vehicle that delivers such a compelling driving experience, I'm still looking for reasons to drive it after 8000 miles in a few months. They seemed genuinely appreciative, and they love seeing the same passion from owners that drives them as a company. I also shared my (presumably) minority view that the stock maps are actually excellent, and that I have little to no interest in CarPlay or AA. I absolutely love the consistency of the UI in its native mode and have no interest in bypassing all of that for an interface that they do not control. I'd rather be using what they have built, assuming it continues to evolve.

Hope this is helpful to someone, I know it's a lot to wade through, containing a mix of forward looking statements and reviews of existing functionality.

I didn't get to stay for very long, but Charles (Manager) was able to tell me that the Gravity is 2 inches longer than the Air, so comparable to a MDX. The steering wheel is set lower and the cockpit display higher, so there is more visibility, and there will be a HUD.

Back