Linking keys

cleex024

Cars
Lucid air gt, rivian r1t
Has anyone been having trouble linking your keys to the car? I just bought the gt and the previous owner didn't link them. The hour glass just goes on circles and eventually just says couldn't link them.

Has anyone been having trouble linking your keys to the car? I just bought the gt and the previous owner didn't link them. The hour glass just goes on circles and eventually just says couldn't link them.
If you are referring to key fobs, that must be done by service. You can link the phone key in the app yourself. I use that 100% of the time, my key fobs are stored away. That said, it is still a good idea to get them linked.

If you are referring to key fobs, that must be done by service. You can link the phone key in the app yourself. I use that 100% of the time, my key fobs are stored away. That said, it is still a good idea to get them linked.
Awesome thank you... im surprised it won't let me do them on my own yet there is a link for me to do it lol

That's strange, service should have linked them as part of PDI but not associated them to a profile. So if they won't lock/unlock your car, have you tried putting new batteries in them? If you did, then it's what @Bobby wrote.

That's strange, service should have linked them as part of PDI but not associated them to a profile. So if they won't lock/unlock your car, have you tried putting new batteries in them? If you did, then it's what @Bobby wrote.
i bought this car used and they were not linked...however i did figure out the problem...the batteries were bad lol.

i just assumed the batteries were fresh as the previous owner didnt have the keys linked either and plus the car only had 900 miles on it. as soon as i replaced the batteries the thing linked up instantly lol

i bought this car used and they were not linked...however i did figure out the problem...the batteries were bad lol.

i just assumed the batteries were fresh as the previous owner didnt have the keys linked either and plus the car only had 900 miles on it. as soon as i replaced the batteries the thing linked up instantly lol
That means the key fobs *were* linked but the batteries were dead. If the fobs weren’t linked to the car they wouldn’t open it at all.

This is different from linking the fobs to a profile.

That means the key fobs *were* linked but the batteries were dead. If the fobs weren’t linked to the car they wouldn’t open it at all.

This is different from linking the fobs to a profile.
The keys weren't linked... the fobs didn't open doors or show up under any profiles... ive been using the key card to get in and I can't use phone because the car isn't linked to my account yet

The keys weren't linked... the fobs didn't open doors or show up under any profiles... ive been using the key card to get in and I can't use phone because the car isn't linked to my account yet
When you replaced the batteries did they unlock the doors? If so, they were paired.

Either way, I’m glad it’s working now!

Back