Lightyear wait list is open

No cost to join and you do get a priority number for pre ordering. It could be an amazing car. It could be a Yugo.

Thanks for the heads up. I just signed up and I love that they send you an email with what your number is on the list. I am US01756. Production is estimated for 2025 so there is plenty of time to learn more about the details as development, ramp up and production begins.

Checked out the website. Couldn’t see any performance numbers.

If the 0-60 is less than 5 seconds then I’m interested

Checked out the website. Couldn’t see any performance numbers.

If the 0-60 is less than 5 seconds then I’m interested
Given that the 0-60 of the Lightyear One, which is going to cost in the high $100k's, is 10 seconds, I highly doubt the Two will be faster, certainly not twice as fast. Lightyear's philosophy is efficiency above all else, so their motors are not high powered.

If they pull off a solar EV that would be a game changer though. I hope they succeed!

Your waitlist position is US06621. Your number determines your place in line to secure your pre-order.

We shall see.

If you want a solar powered car, try the Aptera from SAn Diego.

If you want a solar powered car, try the Aptera from SAn Diego.

I hope they make to production this year.

Looks like they have filed for bankruptcy https://apple.news/AbrKCdaEXR5WgmcSX5fsJYg
Of course it did. I just got my place in line... US 23015.

I think there is a market for this kind of vehicle... I need a local vehicle more often than a several hours trip vehicle.

Getting the Lucid was an indulgence I allowed myself ... I really don't need something this nice ... I feel decadent.

For a fun vehicle I'll just go visit my son who gave up his (practical) 328 for a Miata.
He's driving it daily with the top down.
He lives in Chicago.
03dcdfeb68.png
iu
iu

I drove in 107F with humidity top down on my Porsche Boxster bc of its broken AC in Houston summer.

@Cosmo Cruz Your son has my spirit. 👍

Back