Lease return process

kganti2002

New Member

Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
Lucid Air touring
Just checking on how the lease return process has worked for prior owners ? I am due to turn in my lucid Air touring in next few days.
 
There have been some recent threads on this. Overall it seems better than a year or two ago in Terms of nickel and dimeing every little thing. The pre inspection seems like the way to go.
 
I was annoyed that they charged me $575 for this tiny tear in the seat bolster, it's barely even visible from a normal distance. Is it worth fighting?
 

Attachments

  • lucid seat.webp
    lucid seat.webp
    125.2 KB · Views: 25
I know. They say regarding upholstery: "Any tears, cuts, holes, or burns, regardless of size" so it meets the guidelines, but it's like having to make an extra lease payment for a tear so small I never even noticed it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
 
They would've covered that under warranty. I had two random rips in my seat and they fixed it both times no questions asked. It was clearly a defect in the material.
 
I was annoyed that they charged me $575 for this tiny tear in the seat bolster, it's barely even visible from a normal distance. Is it worth fighting?
Was this a final bill after car was returned? They are well aware that PurLuxe material has a durability issue and have handled replacement under warranty for countless owners.. I would strongly contest it, as the photo shows a breakdown of the material between perforations--as opposed to a cut or inflicted damage. Fight it.
 
Back
Top