lange change in highway assist

coma24

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT, Honda S2K AP1
The new lane change feature seems to be working well, along with a adjustment of speed for upcoming curves. All good there. However, use caution if changing lanes during a turn. I realize that's asking a lot of the system, but it feels like the system hasn't been tuned for that use case. @mcr16 if you're able, please pass this on as valid use case. With more advanced algorithms geared towards not exceeding a specific lateral G, or more accurately, minimizing the rate at which lateral G increases, rather than being shy about larger lateral G limits in general - it should be possible to mimic the driving pattern of an attentive, smooth driver. At the moment, there is a significant difference between how it drives and how I drive when I'm ensuring the smoothest ride possible for my passengers. It's important if you're going relatively quickly where less than gracious inputs can lead to suggestions/whimpering from passengers of "slowing down" and other equally blasphemous concepts.

For BONUS points, it would be amazing if, one day, the system would lean towards efficient lines for cornering, rather than simply lane centering. There are lines through corners that, again, result in a smoother drive for all aboard. I've disabled HA several times where it was staying nicely centered through a series of alternating turns, simply because there were other lines that resulted in less aggressive changes in direction, and therefore, better comfort. I realize this sounds picky, but if the goal is eventually for hands off driving, then the car should be driving as comfortably as possible. Blind adherence the the center of the lane is not it, but it's a great start.

Back