Kurgo seasonal tire tote

Cosmo Cruz

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
I bought a set of summer wheels/tires from a Friend in Philly. Brought a bunch of large plastic bags but no joy. Yes they did fit in the Lucid but I mucked-up the leather trying to fit them. I had stopped at an auto parts store asking for wheel storage covers but they looked at me like ??????
When I got home I found these: ^ Kurgo seasonal tire tote
View attachment 10738 that's the rear 21" so yes they fit, however they can't be lifted by the handle = meant for the tires only I suppose. What you see weighs 69.5 lbs ! Good for transporting / storing your seasonal set. Recommended.

I bought a set of summer wheels/tires from a Friend in Philly. Brought a bunch of large plastic bags but no joy. Yes they did fit in the Lucid but I mucked-up the leather trying to fit them. I had stopped at an auto parts store asking for wheel storage covers but they looked at me like ??????
When I got home I found these: ^ Kurgo seasonal tire tote
View attachment 10738 that's the rear 21" so yes they fit, however they can't be lifted by the handle = meant for the tires only I suppose. What you see weighs 69.5 lbs ! Good for transporting / storing your seasonal set. Recommended.
Seeing that makes me glad I live in San Diego.

Do you swap your 21" for 19" during the winter? If so, do the 19" work with these for storing in the summer?
Yes.

They have velcro strips and pleats w/ elastic band on edges so pretty much cover any tire size. There is a handle but the weight of the wheel + tire seems too much, although I did not try to lift it by the handle alone. I believe they are intended for the tires alone but make great covers to protect your interior when transporting. Also folk might notice the tires + rims will not stand up even on a flat, level surface, so if you have the covers on and forget this it protects the beautiful finish from dings when they tip over. Don't ask me how I know this (did it twice already).

I ordered my GT with the 19" all -season wheel/tire because the freeze-thaw cycles in the North East spawn lots of craters, and I love to drive in snow. I had not considered I'd be "sporty" driving in my Lucid so did not think I'd want a summer tire set ( something I have done with all my previous cars). I have a tire rack rack (above the Picasso) mounted on back wall for the snow wheel/tire sets.
PXL_20220523_185051258.jpg

I was hoping to do the seasonal swap-over myself (have a nice shop floor jack, torque wrench, breaker bar, star wrench, just for this), but it seems I"ll need to have the car re-programmed. In a month (when it's not going cold anymore = was 18 Amerikan degrees last night) I'll call Andy and have Lucid Mobile Service do all this for me. Also, I did end up buying the Lucid tire pump / sealant kit...planning my first off- the- res. trip so want to be a Boy Scout about it.

Yes it seems impractical to have two sets of wheels/tires for the car if you can't even swap them yourself, but I've already scared myself driving on the A/S tires. The torque is just too much ( got completely sideways making a left out of the neighborhood on cold tires...in Smooth mode). Lucid will open a service center this fall (I hope) in King of Prussia so I'll let them swap the wheels.

Kinda sad... used to be Volvo R wagon guy....Swedes are big car nuts so you could hack into the Volvo computers and change things yourself...if you dared. The Swedes posted the hacks on Swedespeed, if you were quick enough to copy them before they were taken down.

Last edited:
Back