Key Fob Issue

retinadoc

New Member

Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Cars
2026 air GT
I took ownership of a new Air Touring in December. The car has been flawless and a joy to drive. Lucid gave me an I.O.U. on delivery for my second key fob which was supposed to be done in the Plainview NY service center this week stating Monday. I am sort of puzzled how pairing a key fob can be a multiday process and still may not be possible. I'm not throwing shade on the service center, as they have been honest and are certainly trying to get it done ASAP. Pairing a Tesla key is a 2 minute DIY home process. What is so special about this key that it literally takes hours/days at a service center to get it to talk to the car?
 
This is sort of terrifying. I did a little research and came up with this post. Under the two rules of "if its not broken don't fix it" or "the enemy of good is perfect", I just had the service center give up on the key fob after 4 days and return the car. its not worth tearing the car apart and causing multiple secondary and tertiary problems. I assume Lucid monitors this board. It goes without saying that a $100K plus car cannot have reliability issues because it has no way to start it. At this point I carry the key fob, valet card, and my phone on the assumption that all three are unlikely to fail. I can certainly live with one working fob, but I see this as a macro issue for the car and company. It is insane to have the service center go through the multi-day gyrations that are documented below, if Lucid wants to expand it cannot have its service centers spending days and hours on something this basic. The air is 4 years old. This growing pain should have been addressed immediately, even if it meant a total key redesign.

1770984949469.webp
 
Back
Top