Key fob desired

Just to make sure I have consistent testing stoppped by Lucid to have them swap battery
IMG_0354.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
How Do other folks wish their key fob worked? Any other desires ?
I have passive unlock off. When I approach the car, and press the truck button, with the fob in my pocket, it does not open. I've read elsewhere on this forum that if you approach at an ange instead of direct, or hold the button for 5 seconds, that works. But, not for me. So I like how my Tesla S works. Pressing the truck button opens the truck immediately AND extends the door handles to get in once the groceries are in the truck. Lucid service told me flatly that the truck button is not compatible with passive unlock off. I hope that is incorrect.

Last edited:
I have passive unlock off. When I approach the car and try to open the truck, it does not open. I've read elsewhere on this forum that if you approach at an ange instead of direct that works. But, not for me. So I like how my Tesla S works. Pressing the truck button opens the truck AND extends the door handles to get in once the groceries are in the truck.
So that’s one thing on Tesla as long as I had the fob or key card everything always worked just press the door handle always worked 100% until the mechanical door handle switches die

So far the new batteries are working 100% will keep monitoring. This means I was wrong !!
Only ever use Panasonic batteries and nothing else ever !!!

@Bobby new note to put in FAQ only ever use is Panasonic batteries, the battery licker was wrong 😑

So that’s one thing on Tesla as long as I had the fob or key card everything always worked just press the door handle always worked 100% until the mechanical door handle switches die
That was an early problem. That is also why I turned off door handle auto-present. Almost 7 years I've not had a door handle issue.

That was an early problem. That is also why I turned off door handle auto-present. Almost 7 years I've not had a door handle issue.
Funny my 2016 S I turned off door handle auto present and only ever used push to open

If you have the fob or mobile key close to the car and press the door handle, it will unlock. If yours doesn’t, try a new battery.
I have fresh battery, Passive Lock = ON, Passive Unlock = OFF
  1. Passive Lock works fine all of the time
  2. Unlock works as it should, depress door handle, car wakes, presents and I am IN
    1. WORKS on Driver's door and Driver's Side Rear Door
    2. Does NOT work on EITHER Passenger Side door, front or back
Should it work on ALL doors? Should it work on trunk as well where when you are present at Trunk simply unlatch the trunk and you are into the trunk?

I have same settings and pressing any door handle works. Seems like an issue.

I have fresh battery, Passive Lock = ON, Passive Unlock = OFF
  1. Passive Lock works fine all of the time
  2. Unlock works as it should, depress door handle, car wakes, presents and I am IN
    1. WORKS on Driver's door and Driver's Side Rear Door
    2. Does NOT work on EITHER Passenger Side door, front or back
Should it work on ALL doors? Should it work on trunk as well where when you are present at Trunk simply unlatch the trunk and you are into the trunk?
Does not work in my drivers doors sides front doors do I have the opposite funny

Does not work in my drivers doors sides front doors do I have the opposite funny
So if your cars mate, you’ll either have a perfect car that unlocks on all doors or an offspring that doesn’t work on any doors. ;)

I don't like the fob. It is near impossible to get the string thru so that it can be attached to my keychain (hope the string never breaks). The one button does all I also don't like. The button is hard to press. You need to learn morse code to open the frunk and trunk. I much prefer my fob for my Honda accord. Clearly labeled buttons. Easy to press. Even has an emergency button. To me the Lucid fob is a flop.

Back