• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Just took delivery…

Sanford59

Cars
Lucid GT, MB EQS 450+
Scott here from Melbourne, FL. Picked up my Grand Touring this Monday 12.12.2022, and already have nearly 900 miles on it. I can drive all day, and still want to keep going and going… :cool: . After talking with another Lucid owner prior to the delivery I expected some software glitches. I’ve had to call support a few times because after long drive cameras stop displaying, and text and navigation announcements have been intermittently inoperable (the ability to receive text’s while driving is important as I drive between 20 different offices on my work days - important to be able to respond while driving). Tech support has been very helpful - and they vocalize understanding of my concern that this has been recurring, and have escalated a ticket. I get the feeling production rate was boosted before software was perfected. I can accept a beta-mode existence for the time being, but hope it doesn’t follow the path of Tesla’s “full self driving will be perfected soon” claim.

Attachments

• 60D0D170-899A-4BD6-A84E-2971B48F8FD8.jpeg
    60D0D170-899A-4BD6-A84E-2971B48F8FD8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
Welcome!

Awesome. Congrats. How does 20" wheel drive compare to 19"?

I've had my Lucid Air Tourist for about a week and love the car. I've been driving a Tesla Model S for 6-years and it's a great car but this Lucid is outstanding, particularly in the exterior/interior styling and the interior is so luxurious compared to Tesla. I expected software glitches but haven't experienced anything yet. Tesla of course has great software but Lucid comes very close. Two features I would like on the Lucid is scheduled charging and automatic opening/closing of garage door on Homelink. The Lucid is quieter, faster, more luxurious, smoother driving, etc. and I'm so glad I decide on Lucid rather than a new Tesla Model S.

Follow-up to my post from yesterday…..just drove from Clearwater - through Orlando - to Melbourne FL. No software issues at all! It is now apparent that the difficulty I’ve had with sending and receiving text messages is actually due to my iPhone failing (stopped at Verizon, they are replacing - BTW, their entire sales crew came out to look at the car and take pictures, LOL). Have yet to see another Lucid on the road - despite driving 1100 miles across Florida in 4 days. Driving back to Clearwater again tomorrow. Love to see the glances and double takes as I drive :)

Follow-up to my post from yesterday…..just drove from Clearwater - through Orlando - to Melbourne FL. No software issues at all! It is now apparent that the difficulty I’ve had with sending and receiving text messages is actually due to my iPhone failing (stopped at Verizon, they are replacing - BTW, their entire sales crew came out to look at the car and take pictures, LOL). Have yet to see another Lucid on the road - despite driving 1100 miles across Florida in 4 days. Driving back to Clearwater again tomorrow. Love to see the glances and double takes as I drive :)
My Aunt lives in Melbourne, brother lives in Titusville. I was down there recently missing my Lucid as there’s so many nice long stretches of road to “accidentally” hit triple digits. For the text functionality, once your phone gets sorted log out of and back into Alexa on the phone and then on the car and see if that clears some hiccups. I still prefer Siri/Carplay for text responses but that’s coming very soon.

Awesome. Congrats. How does 20" wheel drive compare to 19"?
Good morning…I just realized this message was probably directed at me….sorry for the delay. I had changed out my wheels on the Tesla from the 19 inch to 20 inch after market rims over a year ago. I really couldn’t perceive a difference between the two - except that it changed the entire personality of the car. Still, no comparison to my Lucid…..its like comparing a Twinky to crème brulee, LOL.
9959CAB3-EDD9-49A3-8797-7E2E9C7982E9.jpeg

Good morning…I just realized this message was probably directed at me….sorry for the delay. I had changed out my wheels on the Tesla from the 19 inch to 20 inch after market rims over a year ago. I really couldn’t perceive a difference between the two - except that it changed the entire personality of the car. Still, no comparison to my Lucid…..its like comparing a Twinky to crème brulee, LOL. View attachment 7798
How DARE you disparage the greatness of a Twinky 😉

My Aunt lives in Melbourne, brother lives in Titusville. I was down there recently missing my Lucid as there’s so many nice long stretches of road to “accidentally” hit triple digits. For the text functionality, once your phone gets sorted log out of and back into Alexa on the phone and then on the car and see if that clears some hiccups. I still prefer Siri/Carplay for text responses but that’s coming very soon.
Thank you very much! will do!

Day of #9 ownership…..I have to say at this time my only real disappointment is with the cheap key FOB. It has about as much class as a disposable lighter, and I have yet to find a wire thin enough to attach it to any size key ring. Any creative ideas?

Day of #9 ownership…..I have to say at this time my only real disappointment is with the cheap key FOB. It has about as much class as a disposable lighter, and I have yet to find a wire thin enough to attach it to any size key ring. Any creative ideas?
Use the little lanyard that came with it.

Back