Just finished Lucid Home Charger install - observations

bryanackermann

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
QOUIH00M
My electrician finished the install today - as with other reports, he had to come back for a second trip since Lucid is not including wire lugs in the package - I'd suggest warning your electricians beforehand to save them a step or two - he'll need #6 awg compression lugs and the large crimping tool to install them. All in all though, no surprises and an easy install from his perspective.

I've got a 50 amp circuit for this, so I am really not getting any faster a charge than I would with the mobile adapter, but from a convenience and future reverse charging potential, it was worth doing.

I've been able to connect the unit to home WiFi (the instructions are clear if a bit persnickity), but I am not seeing any obvious benefit yet to doing so - there is nothing in my Lucid app to show that it can see an adapter, despite the setup relating it to my Lucid ID. I would assume that the device will keep itself updated via the connection, and hopefully in the future we can schedule charging, etc.

Last edited:
My electrician finished the install today - as with other reports, he had to come back for a second trip since Lucid is not including wire lugs in the package - I'd suggest warning your electricians beforehand to save them a step or two - he'll need #6 awg compression lugs and the large crimping tool to install them. All in all though, no surprises and an easy install from his perspective.

I've got a 50 amp circuit for this, so I am really not getting any faster a charge than I would with the mobile adapter, but from a convenience and future reverse charging potential, it was worth doing.

I've been able to connect the unit to home WiFi (the instructions are clear if a bit persnickity), but I am not seeing any obvious benefit yet to doing so - there is nothing in my Lucid app to show that it can see an adapter, despite the setup relating it to my Lucid ID. I would assume that the device will keep itself updated via the connection, and hopefully in the future we can schedule charging, etc.
If you connect to the EVSE by it’s IP on your network, you can get all sorts of info. And yeah, the wifi connection is mostly for firmware upgrades and data collection.

If you connect to the EVSE by it’s IP on your network, you can get all sorts of info. And yeah, the wifi connection is mostly for firmware upgrades and data collection.
Yeah, once I finished testing charging - it installed a firmware upgrade automatically, so it seems to be working!

Back