Just comical at this point...

Stephan94920

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Cars
2024 Lucid Air
Less than 18 months of ownership... my 2024 Lucid Air (less than 8k miles) is set to be towed for the third time. Two drive system faults and one recall. I don't know what to do, but laugh at this point. What a terrible car and even worse customer service. Has any one experienced this many serious issues?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-11-30 134456.webp
    Screenshot 2025-11-30 134456.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot 2025-11-30 134616.webp
    Screenshot 2025-11-30 134616.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot 2025-11-30 134859.webp
    Screenshot 2025-11-30 134859.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 213
Less than 18 months of ownership... my 2024 Lucid Air (less than 8k miles) is set to be towed for the third time. Two drive system faults and one recall. I don't know what to do, but laugh at this point. What a terrible car and even worse customer service. Has any one experienced this many serious issues?
Eeesh. No - though they did check mine for the wiring harness issue when I had it in for an upholstery repair. Sorry you are going through this.
 
Less than 18 months of ownership... my 2024 Lucid Air (less than 8k miles) is set to be towed for the third time. Two drive system faults and one recall....Has any one experienced this many serious issues?
There's a chance that that your "many serious issues" are one issue and are addressed by the recall. I hope so.
 
There's a chance that that your "many serious issues" are one issue and are addressed by the recall. I hope so.
I wish... the first drive system fault was in July 2024. Recall was in December 2024. Now another drive system fault in November 2025. It's nearly impossible to get in touch with any one at Lucid who can give a straight answer for when the car will be serviced.
 
I wish... the first drive system fault was in July 2024. Recall was in December 2024. Now another drive system fault in November 2025. It's nearly impossible to get in touch with any one at Lucid who can give a straight answer for when the car will be serviced.
For what it’s worth, once someone takes charge of it things go okay. Usually.
 
I love my Lucid Air as a car. Best car I have ever driven. I wish it did not have digital switches, or software updates, but I love it anyway...as a car.
For context, I am using Windows XP on my computers. Why "update" something that works?
 
I love my Lucid Air as a car. Best car I have ever driven. I wish it did not have digital switches, or software updates, but I love it anyway...as a car.
For context, I am using Windows XP on my computers. Why "update" something that works?
As for computers, I agree about XP, but 10 was much better. Also, certain applications will not run on earlier versions of Windows. Turbotax 2025 requires Windows 11. SO much for not upgrading.
 
Less than 18 months of ownership... my 2024 Lucid Air (less than 8k miles) is set to be towed for the third time. Two drive system faults and one recall. I don't know what to do, but laugh at this point. What a terrible car and even worse customer service. Has any one experienced this many serious issues?
I enjoyed 22 months and 11,600 miles before "drive system fault" required me to be towed. The banner said to call "customer care", unfortunately it was after 5:00 so they were closed, laughable. I then called "roadside assistance" they at least answered but I was informed they were unable to arrange a tow at that time and would get back to me, almost funny. When I asked about a loaner they said none were available but could arrange for a rental, not funny. They then offered to arrange for an Uber ride, really funny as there is no Uber ride service where I was, 1 hour 20 minutes east of Portland OR. I called friends and was able to get a ride home, they thought it was really funny my fancy electric car quit working. The next day a very friendly tow service called and was able to pick the car up for transport to Seattle. 32 days later, after a front drive unit replacement, the car was brought back to me, my lease had expired the previous day. I was told I had a 15 day grace period, that ended 2 days ago, funny I hope. After multiple unreturned calls to my SA I was called by a replacement SA. I agreed to change the color on my GGT order so it could be delivered soon, no date given. Truly, a rich man's toy.
 
As for computers, I agree about XP, but 10 was much better. Also, certain applications will not run on earlier versions of Windows. Turbotax 2025 requires Windows 11. SO much for not upgrading.
I like MS DOS much better but thought the gang is too computer illiterate to know about it.
1764549900034.webp

I keep getting threats from Gates that I better install win 11 or else ...

Trouble Tax is worse than useless. I've always done my own taxes and hired a CPA just for the signature (which is why I used to buy Trouble Tax). When it got too complex (schedule K, etc.) I found a CFP who literally saved me millions. Instead of giving tax money to congress we set up a Foundation. I had no idea. Definitely the best financial decision I've made. Now we fund schools directly instead of funding ICE raids and government bombing of fishing boats. Anyone who hasn't hired a CFP should look into this ASAP.

"The best way to make a small fortune in the stock market is to start with a large fortune."
 
I love my Lucid Air as a car. Best car I have ever driven. I wish it did not have digital switches, or software updates, but I love it anyway...as a car.
For context, I am using Windows XP on my computers. Why "update" something that works?
The car is awesome when it's operational... sadly it seems to have significant issues 2x per year, where its inoperable.
 
Back
Top