It's official! Lucid partners with Aston Martin

Best thing about it, it’s one of very few DB9s with a six speed manual transmission.
Blue AND a sixspd.. its probably the last car that will ever have those kind of specs. Was it a brand new purchase?

Thanks for sharing this news.
Certainly gave rise to lots of future possibilities.
Here I go.
Stroll, has taken AM out of the dusty barn both in F1 and with what is coming (DB12 with a real new interior and tech) for road cars.
The Lucid under the hood should primarily help their SUV offerings, much more room for passengers and cargo and better performance.
Back to the Honda point, imagine if Honda built V10s or V12s to stuff into the AM sports cars plus some ePower like my Gen 2 NSX has to give them AWD from Lucid (really fast RWD cars are cool but generally can't meet the numbers (unless it's Koenigsegg) of an AWD machine. The over powered RWD stuff is also prone to crash when the rear end lets go.
Well, even honda’s f1 engine is a v6. They also declined to make the mclaren f1s v12 so hopes are probably low.

This thread is more about what ifs than here are the facts.
When Honda tries, they build great, great engines.
If AM as their racing partner said, hey, remember the V10 you put in one of the NSX prototypes, how bout you dust that off.
Just saying a lovely AM coupe with reliable and significant Honda power would be a superb combo.

I'm glad for this for Lucid. This is pretty big given - I consider Aston Martin to be that upper echelon of Lux brands rivaling Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Back