Is this trim part replaceable

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Had a little ouchie while trying to park in very tight space at a party feel so dumb it’s on the bottom trim silver passenger side: any ideas?
Money is no object.m
Taking car service tomorrow wonder if I can mention this.
IMG_7478.jpeg

Had a little ouchie while trying to park in very tight space at a party feel so dumb it’s on the bottom trim silver passenger side: any ideas?
Money is no object.m
View attachment 12677
Giving me a lot of idea to just black out this trim

Definitely mention everything. If you black it out, the visual height of your car would be raised, which in a sleek sedan like this is bad.

Money is no object.m
View attachment 12677
Anything is replaceable if you are willing to pay for parts and labor.

I’m going to have to talk to my local service centre again. I showed them where I had damaged mine in exactly the same spot. They said they would have to replace the entire under cover from corner to corner. Estimated cost - “about a thousand dollars”.

Attachments

• IMG_6677.jpeg
    IMG_6677.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 121
I’m going to have to talk to my local service centre again. I showed them where I had damaged mine in exactly the same spot. They said they would have to replace the entire under cover from corner to corner. Estimated cost - “about a thousand dollars”.
One difference I see is your bottom side is damaged in mine the trim was damaged the top silver part so that might make a difference if that’s car body vs trim

That’s a different part. You damaged the underbody shield - that’s a very large part.

The part @blueice89 damaged was just the small silver trim piece which just clips on and off.

Dollars

I've been surprised at how inexpensive minor body repairs/replacements have been on the Lucid. When I pulled off the two rubber airfoils ahead of the front wheels, Lucid charged me a grand total of $11.00 for the parts. When I had to have the lidar recalibrated after installing an aftermarket radar/laser detector, the cost was around $100, even though the work required two technicians and a special jig. That's less than the base shop service charge for our Honda. On top of this, Lucid has done a couple things on my car for no charge, even though I pointed out that I didn't view them as warranty issues.

Oil changes in my Audi R8's cost $245 eight years ago because the underbody airflow panel had to be removed. A battery replacement in my Mercedes SL55 AMG fifteen years ago costs north of $300 (and the car had two of them).

I don't know how long Lucid will (or can) stay on this path, but I definitely get the feeling that they're not using their parts & service network as a profit center.

Back