Is My Lucid Order Being Canceled?????

I need to eventually talk to you about the process to get the ”Personalized” Texas plates. I see the site one orders on the Internet but do not know how I deal with Ft. Bend County.
I only found out later you can order any time you want without even having a car, it is separate registration from Ft Bend county whether it is 1 year of 5 years term. I ordered mine right after I got my GT. It came before Lucid office registered my car. Ft Bend wouldn’t put it on new vehicle. I had to wait for 2.5 months after GT delivery to get my original plates then to swap it. But I like that plate so much, I didn’t care and use it illegally anyway before I even get the original plates.

Long story short, you can order special plate any time. “Tesla2.0” wasn’t my first choice, “Lucid 1” was but taken.

I only found out later you can order any time you want without even having a car, it is separate registration from Ft Bend county whether it is 1 year of 5 years term. I ordered mine right after I got my GT. It came before Lucid office registered my car. Ft Bend wouldn’t put it on new vehicle. I had to wait for 2.5 months after GT delivery to get my original plates then to swap it. But I like that plate so much, I didn’t care and use it illegally anyway before I even get the original plates.

Long story short, you can order special plate any time. “Tesla2.0” wasn’t my first choice, “Lucid 1” was but taken.
Can you switch the plates and DMV will automatically know or do you have to take the personalized plates and show them?

Can you switch the plates and DMV will automatically know or do you have to take the personalized plates and show them?
You have to take to DMV to show them. First time I took there failed. Ft Bend Tax office said hasn’t received registeration from manufacturer yet. Then I got original plates in mail much later, I took both plates to office. The did paperwork to swap. It only costed me 50 cents. And they took the original plates back. I asked if I can keep plates for souvenirs, they allowed me to keep 1 plate.

You have to take to DMV to show them. First time I took there failed. Ft Bend Tax office said hasn’t received registeration from manufacturer yet. Then I got original plates in mail much later, I took both plates to office. The did paperwork to swap. It only costed me 50 cents. And they took the original plates back. I asked if I can keep plates for souvenirs, they allowed me to keep 1 plate.
Thanks for the information. It sounds like Lucid dragging their feet on the registration paper work is what caused the problem.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like Lucid dragging their feet on the registration paper work is what caused the problem.
I have been emailing back and forth with Lucid coordinator. Texas has to send to Arizona then send back to me in Texas. Expect long process. 😔

Last edited by a moderator:
I would order the plates now to get what I want but I don’t even have a VIN yet…..😇

Back