Is it perfectly normal to...

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
So, is it perfectly normal for the car to run the fans while just sitting in the garage while technically "asleep"? It's not like the car gets woken up by our cell phones as the "Mobile Key" does not work. The garage is at 80 degrees, so not excessively hot either. I would not think there would be a heat issue. After charging to 80% Saturday evening, I am now down to 73% without using the car at all. In fact, I was out of town. At this rate, I am losing 3% every day.

At least the car does appear to go to "sleep" now. After waking the car up on your app though, how long does it take to go back to "sleep" mode?

If you were checking it via the app it wakes it up and you end up losing some SOC, probably anywhere between 0.5-1% everytime you wake either from sleep. No idea how long it takes to go back to sleep though.

So, is it perfectly normal for the car to run the fans while just sitting in the garage while technically "asleep"? It's not like the car gets woken up by our cell phones as the "Mobile Key" does not work. The garage is at 80 degrees, so not excessively hot either. I would not think there would be a heat issue. After charging to 80% Saturday evening, I am now down to 73% without using the car at all. In fact, I was out of town. At this rate, I am losing 3% every day.

At least the car does appear to go to "sleep" now. After waking the car up on your app though, how long does it take to go back to "sleep" mode?
Update on this as I opened my app to check, I can still gear the fans running after 15 minutes lol

OK, the tech from Atlanta just came by. I really can't stress enough how great the people have been to deal with post-delivery. Looks like I have some sort of module that needs to be replaced which will probably happen the next time they are passing through the area. In the meantime, I will have to use the fob and might have to change the operator as it is defaulting to my wife for some reason.

Time to call the PPF guy.

OK, the tech from Atlanta just came by. I really can't stress enough how great the people have been to deal with post-delivery. Looks like I have some sort of module that needs to be replaced which will probably happen the next time they are passing through the area. In the meantime, I will have to use the fob and might have to change the operator as it is defaulting to my wife for some reason.

Time to call the PPF guy.
This is to repair the mobile key issues or the vampire draining issues? Or both?

Just the Mobile Key issues as far as I know. We really are not sure about the power drain issues though yet. It was doing some pretty screwy things with how it was recognizing the Fob vs the phone vs my wife, so that might have had some impact. He was a bit perplexed by the fact that is seemed to be defaulting to my wife's Fob as the primary. I will just wait and see how it goes over the next little while before they get back to replace the module.

Back