Is a Software Update Required if Tire size is changed?

Mcgcruiser

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air
Ordered a 2025 with 19" wheels. Range is a priority for me. Sales called earlier and said they had a conveniently located vehicle that has everything on the one I ordered, except 20" wheels.

I said stay with my order.

He then asked if he could deliver this car with 19" wheels, would I do the deal. I said find out if you can do it.

What I'm unsure of is whether there is some linkage between model software programming and configuration. More to the point, if they swap out the wheels, is there a software change needed (to account for the size difference and impact on range?)

Thank you.

Ordered a 2025 with 19" wheels. Range is a priority for me. Sales called earlier and said they had a conveniently located vehicle that has everything on the one I ordered, except 20" wheels.

I said stay with my order.

He then asked if he could deliver this car with 19" wheels, would I do the deal. I said find out if you can do it.

What I'm unsure of is whether there is some linkage between model software programming and configuration. More to the point, if they swap out the wheels, is there a software change needed (to account for the size difference and impact on range?)

Thank you.
The wheel sizes can be reprogrammed from within the car's UX. It was a feature added a few months ago to avoid having to make a service visit to do so.

The wheel sizes can be reprogrammed from within the car's UX. It was a feature added a few months ago to avoid having to make a service visit to do so.
Thank you very much.

Back