irritated at EA avilbliltity

Marioq

Cars
Grand Touring
DO I live down south Texas. No chargers available. I have contacted electrify america to see if they want to put a fast charger at my office. no answer. Or any charger and NADA.

I am trying to get them do suppport us as I know there are 3 down here already. But All I hear is crickets. So, input: What do I do? Do I partner with someone else? Put it in myself and charge something every time someone rolls through?

Just looking for input. If I put one. What do you recommend??? Going to be 80 AMp/. Just wish they had 3 phase...

I believe Electrify America does not offer level-2 public charging. If you need have level-2 charging made public charging, your best best is to contact ChargePoint.

Electrify America’s public fast charging is at level-3 with 350~500 amp and quite a storage footprint to support its chargers. Only they determine where to put it.

This post is sort of unclear regarding the actual goals and desired outcomes.

If you’re looking for business/enterprise charging solutions, both EA and ChargePoint offer solutions here (so do others).

If you’re just looking to ask the charger companies to bring their platform to more locations, the best you can do is spam them in any open channels they have and have others do the same..

If you’re looking for business/enterprise charging solutions, both EA and ChargePoint offer solutions here (so do others).

If you’re just looking to ask the charger companies to bring their platform to more locations, the best you can do is spam them in any open channels they have and have others do the same..
Thank you for info. My preconceived notion didn’t know anyone can sway EA.

Thank you for info. My preconceived notion didn’t know anyone can sway EA.
They can't and essentially EA had a bunch of project on hold until the IRA passed and will most likely now focus their efforts in alternate locations due to where the incentives are now promoting.

I believe Electrify America does not offer level-2 public charging. If you need have level-2 charging made public charging, your best best is to contact ChargePoint.

Electrify America’s public fast charging is at level-3 with 350~500 amp and quite a storage footprint to support its chargers. Only they determine where to put it.
That's assuming the EA chargers actually work. And, generally speaking, they're not very reliable. I had a horrible experience last night (this morning) at 1:30am in Royce City - headed home - another 45 miles and stopped to use the EA for the first time. Now... truth be told - the Lucid app said there were 0/4 available. But EA's app said all 4 were available. Who do you trust. Long story short - even though all the stations said they were available - after speaking with EA support - they're all bricks. So Hypermill I went in order to get home... with 1 mile to spare. Lesson learned - don't precondition when heading to an EA charger!

Now... truth be told - the Lucid app said there were 0/4 available. But EA's app said all 4 were available. Who do you trust. Long story short - even though all the stations said they were available - after speaking with EA support - they're all bricks. So Hypermill I went in order to get home... with 1 mile to spare. Lesson learned - don't precondition when heading to an EA charger!
NEITHER 😂!!!

Phone call like you did gets better information.

Yeah. Not sure what the OP exactly wants. But I suspect that what he is ranting about is the lack of EA fast chargers in South Texas, therefore there isn’t a L3 fast charger nearby for him to take advantage of free charging.

7C91612B-9C1C-401D-B2AA-44348E98D65D.jpeg

That's assuming the EA chargers actually work. And, generally speaking, they're not very reliable. I had a horrible experience last night (this morning) at 1:30am in Royce City - headed home - another 45 miles and stopped to use the EA for the first time. Now... truth be told - the Lucid app said there were 0/4 available. But EA's app said all 4 were available. Who do you trust. Long story short - even though all the stations said they were available - after speaking with EA support - they're all bricks. So Hypermill I went in order to get home... with 1 mile to spare. Lesson learned - don't precondition when heading to an EA charger!
Hmmm this is interesting, so somehow the navigation in Lucid app knows chargers aren’t working even though EA app did not? I’ve seen the Lucid navigation display like 0/4 charger available before when there weren’t cars parked at the chargers and EA app listed them as available, assumed the Lucid was wrong but maybe it’s smarter than EA?

DO I live down south Texas. No chargers available. I have contacted electrify america to see if they want to put a fast charger at my office. no answer. Or any charger and NADA.

I am trying to get them do suppport us as I know there are 3 down here already. But All I hear is crickets. So, input: What do I do? Do I partner with someone else? Put it in myself and charge something every time someone rolls through?

Just looking for input. If I put one. What do you recommend??? Going to be 80 AMp/. Just wish they had 3 phase...
Also for installing a L2 charger at your office, see if Volta or Blink or EvConnect offer better L2 options than ChargePoint. My one work site has four Chargepoint L2 and they max out at 5kw, takes all day to go from 60-80% SOC, meanwhile I get 9kW at home off the Lucid cable/14-50 outlet.

Also for installing a L2 charger at your office, see if Volta or Blink or EvConnect offer better L2 options than ChargePoint. My one work site has four Chargepoint L2 and they max out at 5kw, takes all day to go from 60-80% SOC, meanwhile I get 9kW at home off the Lucid cable/14-50 outlet.
Those at work are probably limited buy the power set-up. My ChargePoint at home pulls the 9 kW on the Lucid And would pull more if it were hardwired on a bigger circuit.

Hmmm this is interesting, so somehow the navigation in Lucid app knows chargers aren’t working even though EA app did not? I’ve seen the Lucid navigation display like 0/4 charger available before when there weren’t cars parked at the chargers and EA app listed them as available, assumed the Lucid was wrong but maybe it’s smarter than EA?
Yes - EA app says all 4 stations were available (technically all 8 plugs) but the Lucid app etc. said none. When I got there - all stations were lit up - and apparently available. When I plugged in it failed to "Authenticate" so I called EA support - after going back and forth trying different things she started looking at trying other stations but essentially went thru and said "connector is broken on 4", "2 won't connect", "we've had complaints 1 doesn't work" and finally said "none of the stations are viable, we have to get a technician out to fix them".
Worse than that - she recommends I stop at a ChargePoint in Greenville. That ChargePoint is at a Chevy dealership - at 2am - the gates are closed - no access. And... it was coooollld. I was pretty lucky to make it home. Had I not wasted time preconditioning it wouldn't have been an issue.

Yes - EA app says all 4 stations were available (technically all 8 plugs) but the Lucid app etc. said none. When I got there - all stations were lit up - and apparently available. When I plugged in it failed to "Authenticate" so I called EA support - after going back and forth trying different things she started looking at trying other stations but essentially went thru and said "connector is broken on 4", "2 won't connect", "we've had complaints 1 doesn't work" and finally said "none of the stations are viable, we have to get a technician out to fix them".
Worse than that - she recommends I stop at a ChargePoint in Greenville. That ChargePoint is at a Chevy dealership - at 2am - the gates are closed - no access. And... it was coooollld. I was pretty lucky to make it home. Had I not wasted time preconditioning it wouldn't have been an issue.
Have you gone to Lucid app to authenticate in case it failed? I have never done that, EA told me to do that if it failed. I have always just work with Plug And Charge, if failed, then move on to another one.

Have you gone to Lucid app to authenticate in case it failed? I have never done that, EA told me to do that if it failed. I have always just work with Plug And Charge, if failed, then move on to another one.
There was no way to "authenticate" - I looked. That's when I called EA - and what a complete waste of time. She was clueless - it seemed like just an authentication issue - but apparently there was no way to get the charger to actually work. If you look on plugshare - it has a lot of complaints about that station.

I don't think my statement was ambiguous. I live in South Texas. I know chargers for electrify America and south Texas. Level one level to level three it doesn't matter. There is nothing available.

I am trying to help using my business to establish a charge station of any kind that anybody can use. The only ones that are available are at dealerships and I don't know that they're readily available for us. Either way I continue to call multiple companies and I'm working with ChargePoint and Blink and another. Currently they're seeing if the logistics allows for them to establish a ChargePoint there.

There was no way to "authenticate" - I looked. That's when I called EA - and what a complete waste of time. She was clueless - it seemed like just an authentication issue - but apparently there was no way to get the charger to actually work. If you look on plugshare - it has a lot of complaints about that station.
Was this the Mt. Pleasant EA location? I stopped by there this week when we were in the area and it looked as though one station was dark/offline and the second was showing some diagnostics as was offline. The other stations appeared to be lit up but not having my Touring I couldn't determine if they were operational... EA coverage in east TX is pretty dismal, even if they did work!

Royce City Wal-mart. I was able to get it to work the next time I visited. However, the 350kw was NOT 350kw - I was getting 100 at best.

Back