IOS 16 and Bluetooth

Amgz

Verified Owner
I just got my car and the app can connect via Bluetooth, but the regular Bluetooth keeps failing. They said it was because of my phone having ios 16, has anyone else had this issue?

I just got my car and the app can connect via Bluetooth, but the regular Bluetooth keeps failing. They said it was because of my phone having ios 16, has anyone else had this issue?
I have had the same experience.

My version is 15.7. I had same issues but after trying several times it got connected. Will check later for IOS16 when I upgrade it.

I’m running iOS16 (and 1.2.21). It took multiple attempts to connect but once it successfully did, it’s been fine.

iOS 16 here. This was my experience.

Both my wife and I had to do the same thing.

1. Pair with car
2. Pairing appears to fail
3. Toggle Bluetooth on the car
4. Now the phone will pair with the car
5. Car doesn't show anything under "connected devices".
6. Paired devices show up fine though.
7. Music + Calls work

I then setup car key, and regular Bluetooth stopped working entirely. Removed car key and things started working again.

i tried and retried for about 15times before it finally paired with my phone. i think i restarted my phone twice and turned off/on the bluetooth toggle on car a few times.

in general I have had no problem with ios16
over the last week since I got 1.2.21, I have had to "tap" the phone to remind it to reconnect, but at no point have I had to disconnect or repair.

I have had the Bluetooth turn off in the car. When I go in the settings and turn it back on, it connects. No need to do anything on the phone. Weird!

According to customer care the IOS 16 is having Bluetooth pairing issues with many cars, not just the Lucid. It is an Apple bug and Apple is working on it.

Had the same issue. After latest updates 2.12 I removed and repaired and works with no issues. I never had issues before IOS 16 either.

According to customer care the IOS 16 is having Bluetooth pairing issues with many cars, not just the Lucid. It is an Apple bug and Apple is working on it.
100% this ^^^

IOS 16 has rolled out tons of new security measures, and as a result pairing bluetooth will not be seamless for some owners. Give Lucid some time to catch up and find the security bypass measure!

100% this ^^^

IOS 16 has rolled out tons of new security measures, and as a result pairing bluetooth will not be seamless for some owners. Give Lucid some time to catch up and find the security bypass measure!
If it’s a security feature, why would it work after some retries. I would expect it to be consistent.

My brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max has IOS 16.0.2 and everything works just fine (bluetooth, mobile key). I am also on 2.0.12

Back