Installed home charger today

Team-

Had my local electrician install the home charger. Pulled two 100amp breakers, one for each garage stall and handed them the Lucid box to install in just one of them. Everything was super simple. They followed directions, installed everything, plugged it in and immediately started pulling 18kw.

I got it connected to my wifi without issue - only thing vs. what I've read with others, there was no setup step to add my Lucid e-mail and ID. Setup just wanted home wifi SSID and password.

Clean install pics attached.

I can't believe I pimped off EA for almost an entire year! This couldn't have come soon enough as my local EA station is now constantly over crowded.
D2F09619-CB07-4E1D-B548-7B25481A26A0.jpeg

Here’s my setup. Unfortunately I’ve had 3 LHCC’s installed and waiting on a fourth. For whatever reason, when the charger isn’t plugged into the car the “Lucid” status light glows Amber indicating some issue rather than White which indicates everything is working properly.

The head of Lucid charging told my electrician I’ve gotten 3 from a bad batch… luckily it doesn’t effect the charging. I’m guessing it has something to do with the LHCC’s ability to talk to my panel in order to provide power back in the other direction (when that finally becomes available and whatever additional HW is needed to allow that to happen).

I am also on a 100W circuit and the LHCC is charging at 80W. Very happy with it, just want one installed that will be error-free to supplement the 3 Tesla PWs I already have installed into my solar system.

Attachments

• 479ADEDA-216A-4545-BD2B-BCB779E3472D.jpeg
    479ADEDA-216A-4545-BD2B-BCB779E3472D.jpeg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Looks great. It's so much nicer to charge at home, in basically zero time, just plug in and walk away. IMO it makes the difference between an EV being a delight vs a burden.

Looks great. It's so much nicer to charge at home, in basically zero time, just plug in and walk away. IMO it makes the difference between an EV being a delight vs a burden.
Yes. Especially now that I have scheduled charging. I plug it in during The day and it turns on at midnight. Always have juice in the morning!

What was your cost of install if you don't mind me asking?
Have you had any issues with the charger currently since install?
Who was the head of charging at Lucid you spoke with? In case we have issues with our setup

What was your cost of install if you don't mind me asking?
Have you had any issues with the charger currently since install?
Who was the head of charging at Lucid you spoke with? In case we have issues with our setup
There are a number of threads on this topic. The cost of install varies greatly depending on what needs to happen at your property. For example, my house required an upgraded panel from 200A to 320A, trenching (as city required new conduit which is underground), etc., which meaningfully added to the costs relative to what others paid. Ultimately, too many factors to generalize.

Regarding any issues with the charger, the only one I had was initially and it was due to the motherboard being loose inside the unit. My electrician and I opened up the unit, unplugged/reconnected the motherboard and it has worked flawlessly since. Lucid had sent a replacement unit, but in the end it wasn't needed. They were great in handling the troubleshooting btw as well as not hesitating to offer up a replacement.

Back