Installed EcoHitch trailer hitch

Banzairx7

New Member

Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Cars
2026 Lucid Air Touring
Put the EcoHitch trailer hitch on my 2026 Air last weekend. Overall fit was very good. Wasn't super impressed with the supplied hardware. Should be using flange head bolts and much beefier washers. They had you double up on washers to make them strong enough. The hitch itself was well built though. The instructions were printed really small and black and white making the pics hard to follow. No reason not to print them full size and in color. Other tip I would give is a razor knife worked great for cutting the bumper hole. They suggested a jigsaw which is way overkill. I marked out the hole on the back side and just pushed the knife through. Overall install took me a little less than two hours start to finish with the help of my 9yr old.

One interesting thing is when you back up the car freaks out for a second seeing the bikes on the rack saying "stop". Then it changes to a message that says "mounted object detected". Kind of funny since from the factory there is no way to mount something back there.

Forgot to snap a pic of the hitch mounted to the car before I put on the bumper cover.

1786742123040.webp
1786742123712.webp


1786742123737.webp
1786742123055.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1786741963172.webp
    1786741963172.webp
    157.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 1786742073632.webp
    1786742073632.webp
    157.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1786742074318.webp
    1786742074318.webp
    238.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
It's a nice hitch. Didn't want to cut the bumper but now I know I can back my car up without my bike rack hitting the curb. The instructions were eh. They should've said what size socket to use instead of just saying use a socket to remove a bolt
 
Back
Top